or Connect

Posts by Powell8

News flash: sometime Friday night the long awaited changeover in the menu occurred. There are now 3 options for sound and the Dolby Digital signal can now be passed through to my 5.1 system while keeping the HDMI video signal to the TV. There was no email saying there would be a reboot needed, it just appeared when I did my periodic check on Saturday (and it works!). Next issue, the low end video signal they send out.
Thanks, I guess (and hope) they are working their way eastward. Next week should be when I get the same email about the overnight update.
Same question, where do you live? My response (see below) was the for second week of January so I got nothin' yet. When I see the three choices appear, I should have the update. I still have the original (and useless) two choices.
Woohoo! Good news,see below: From: Michelle M Sent: 12/28/2013 12:52 PM To: powell8@aol.com Dear Optimum Customer, Thank you for your response. I apologize for any confusion surrounding what you should or shouldn't do in order to obtain Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio. Back in October of 2012, we launched our new program guide. With the launch of this new program guide the option to allow Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio was no longer available. We realized that this was a concern...
Wohoo! Good news, see below: From: Michelle M Sent: 12/28/2013 12:52 PM To: powell8@aol.com Dear Optimum Customer, Thank you for your response. I apologize for any confusion surrounding what you should or shouldn't do in order to obtain Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio. Back in October of 2012, we launched our new program guide. With the launch of this new program guide the option to allow Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio was no longer available. We realized that this was a concern...
Oyster Bay? Interesting that they gave you a specific area for the update. I am in Bayport, on the south shore. Hopefully they are working their way eastward. Thanks for the update.
Nope, no luck. Same garbage signal. Time to forward these postings again to Optimum. Anyone who reads these should leave email's with the complaint.
So far, so nothing on my DVR. Where in New York is the rollout supposed to start? And I love the wording-being released slowly. Perfect, maybe by 2014.
Still complain, we need the power of numbers calling. Thanks.
Nope, the last response I got was to change to a different box other than the Scientific American (with the loss of recorded material). They also said they were still working on it. Elsewhere, they told another "complainer" that it still is a system wide issue and maybe by the end of October. Expect a trick, not a treat on the 31st. I am still using VUDU when I rent a movie. Its the least I can do to deny them some of my money until this is fixed. We remain paying for...