or Connect

Posts by ArthurVandelay

12x16 room with just some touch-up left. Little paint, couple more fasteners, yeah, I'm probably done.
all done...
And with the chairs (palliser) delivered. Design flaw #257, you can walk up the step but can't get past seat #1 unless they put the chair back down. No biggie, just climb up from the front. From row, your head is about 9 or 10 feet from the screen. Little close for my liking but watched from down there and it's still cool, got used to it just like being up close at the movies. They claimed the sweet spots dangit!!! I'll get them back down to the front row...
Back Wall: back wall panels are huge. I think lazy kicked in and only having a couple of days left before the chairs arrived I did 3 big ones 2 inches thick on the back. Over by the door is really the only place not seeing the lines will matter I think. The chairs and speakers will break up the middle but that left side will get something on the floor (not sure if popcorn machine will fit but something).
Thanks for the advice, I ended up getting a dewalt table saw instead and beveled all of my edges on assembled panels which I was pretty nervous about on the first one but with a spacer board in there against the fence it was actually pretty smooth cutting. So fast forwarding a bunch but with the exception of some touch up work, little painting and extra fastening on a few panels I'm pretty much done inside. Side Walls: 3 inch furrings across the wall, screwed panels in...
Haha, we will strictly be importing latex. Well, then we'll go ahead and export it as well. Import and export, no manufacturing.
As far as the projector, I got the PT-AE8000U a couple of months ago and love it. If you have to cut corners and get one of the Epsons at best buy, ask the guys at Magnolia to show you what they can order. I did see some decent ones that were still around or slightly less than 2k that they could order. Maybe they just had them setup poorly but the ones that were in that 1,300 range that they had in the store just didn't look great to me compared to the PT-AE8000U and...
Also did the RGB tape lights around the riser. Just sticking up there in some clear things from HD at the moment so need to secure it a little better. The things are pretty bright even pointing down but that controller can knock the brightness down. Game of Thrones last episode would have been fitting for the red lights, otherwise I think I'll scare myself with that red and will roll with blue or white.
Thanks for checking in Brad. Not a happy camper at the moment. Took some time off as things got busy but with the kids away at camp this week ,I knocked out most of the panels for the side walls. Here's a pic of the first few that I did as a test run. I liked it so I figured I'd route the edges of the others after I was done building them and lining them up (sounded smart). However, the router depth moved on me on a few of panels and the bit flat out jumped out of...
I had a bunch of samples so I just kind of laid them over the center channel and could tell. Not sure if it makes a big diff in the grand scheme of things but since I noticed a difference I talked myself out of anchorage on the front. Very happy with how the fr701 turned out, not 80s looking at all. Although I have some kiss posters that can change that!I also liked the look of anchorage better though which is why I went with that over the rest of the walls.