or Connect

Posts by ZuperT

I had that same exact thought in mind, when I bought the 105. It is indeed an amazing device, but not fully able to replace an AVR. The main problem is in user comfort. Eventhough all te functinalities are there, it would need more flexibilty in configuration of different inputs and outputs of the device. E.g. the Neo:6 up-sampling when swithed on, means all your inputs are affected, even the Bluray source.If you are the only one using your system, I think this is a minor...
Are you using analog out for audio? I will also install the new beta FW and try it out.
Thank you Bob for this comment. I understand that different people have different needs for some functions, but what I would like to see is, that it would be possible to configure each input separately. I am using the HDMI IN for my set top box, as all terrestrial TV broadcasting audio is in stereo here where I live. The Oppo gives me two advantages as I see it. First of all I get the 5.1 sounds and secondly I get better video processing. The difference is huge I can tell...
Had the same problem and e-mailed Oppo support. The answer was that DTS Neo:6 works on in 7.1 down-mix mode, not in 5.1 down-mix mode. This will be fixed in the next firmware release.Also experienced the audio delay problem. Especially problematic with the HDMI IN port, but also with some Bluray titles. With Blurays it helps to install the new beta firmware to a certain extent (!?), but for HDMI IN we will have to wait for the new official firmware.There has been a lot of...