or Connect

Posts by jguinn2005

Picked up an Intel NUC with the i5 the other day to function as my HTPC. It works great for the movies that it can play without problems. However I'm having issues on several movies with it dropping frames when the VCPU is maxed. This can be cleared up on about half of those movies with hardware acceleration but the problem is that not all of my movies will function with hardware acceleration. I'd like to just be able to turn it on and play what I want to without dropping...
Well, looks like I have come up with a temporary solution. I scooted the sub and the couch a little bit in every direction until it just came alive at the listening position. Works for me for now and the sound I'm getting at the listening position is not really any less than what I hear around the room. When I get the cable I'll still try moving it around the room to see what I get but for now... this will work!!!
The other corner is the entrance to the bathroom. Personally, I don't mind climbing over the sub just to have great sound, the wife? Not so much I'm thinking that the sub will ultimately end up on the wall right behind the end table. But for now, I'm gonna try and tweak the position where its at as much as I can and move the couch a little more. Can't hurt, and I don't have a cable long enough at the moment to put it behind the couch ... I've pretty much thrown out the...
Well, I got the HSU. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play with it since I had to work tonight . BUT I did get to work with it a little bit and run Audyssey and play some music. WOW!!! This was definitely a GREAT choice! My only problem so far is since I have to sit in the middle of the room I am experiencing the null affect at the listening position. I have worked with it a little bit and gotten it better but it is still there. I'm going to try and get my grubby...
HSU VTF-3 MK4 ... the trigger has been pulled. The wait begins ...
Yeah, I was looking at the price and reading some reviews. Looks like at the same price that the VTF3 is definitely the way to go. May just have to pull the trigger on that beast. :D:D They both have a 30 day money back guarantee so IF what whatever reason that I'm completely insane and don't love it .. I can return it As I've said before, I have a big room and I sit in the middle (not the best circumstances) so a bit more powerful sub on a corner load will probably help...
Hmmm. If I'm looking at the exact same price range HSU has this beauty right here at the same price as the EX. Specs are pretty similar, only side firing. What difference would I notice on side firing versus down firing like with the EX or the VTF-2? It'll have to sit in the corner next to the sound stage at this house.
I'm really up for anything you guys might recommend. I have to stay away from the two sub option, at least at this house. That might be an upgrade down the road. The EX so far seems to be the best bang for the buck in an "all around" sort of way with respect to price, hz, watts, etc which is why after I was turned on to it I've been holding out for it. I keep waiting on that B-Stock. At some point one will pop up and I would imagine that it might be soon since its after...
Any idea when Outlaw might put up their next promotion? I know they just finished the holiday season one.
Wish Outlaw would get some B-Stock in or publish their next promotion that hopefully includes an EX. I'm about ready to buy it at regular price! LOL