or Connect

Posts by Spartan 1771

How do you like the on screen display? The small window on the front of the unit seems like it could be frustrating to use, but I'm assuming the on screen display makes up for this.
I have no interest in either. I have always felt Yamaha was over rated. Their sound quality always seemed flat. I have no experience with Pioneer.
I haven't heard anything bad about Marantz.
How do you like the Marantz? Have you had any issues?
I'm leaning towards the Marantz, but I have a friend who is also pushing me towards Denon, but I have read about a lot of network card failures with them.
Why won't you buy Onkyo? What kind of issues did you have and what model was it?
Five votes for the Marantz. Why is this a better receiver then the Onkyo or the HK? Opinions please!
Anyone have an opinion? Hello?
I’m in the process of building a new home theatre system for my basement. I recently purchased a Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT50 plasma television, a Panamax M4300-PM clean power surge protector, a Sony PlayStation 3 (mostly for Blu-Ray playback) and an Xbox 360. I also have a 7.1 Harman Kardon HKTS-15 speaker set-up I plan to use. My last real hurtle is the AVR. I have done a lot of research and have finally narrowed it down to three different models, which are listed...
Why do you feel the need to have a UPS on your HT system? I have one on my PC to prevent crashes, but I don't see the need to have this hooked up to my HT system. What am I missing?