or Connect

Posts by bdarc23

I had the TV freeze on me like that and there are a couple of other instances way back in this forum. For me it happened when my computer and TV were both connected to the internet at the same time. If I disconnected the internet on either the TV (I was hard wired) or computer (turned off) then the tv inputs and remote worked fine immediately without having to unplug the tv. The problem went away for me for some reason after I upgraded to Windows 8 (previously had...
Hi- I also have a WAP01 and still waiting for firmware 1.1.5. I have called VIZIO on it a couple of times and they confirm that my tv is visible to them and I just have to wait...Is there anyone out there with a WAP01 that had their firmware go from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 yet?
Just an FYI i- I (and others) have had this TV "locking" issue when our PCs are also turned on and connected to the internet at the same time. For me it was resolved by upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 8.
RLUCIO and others with locking- I just wanted to update you on my FIX for the tv "locking" when my PC is on issue...I read on another tv forum that this problem could occur if you have a computer with an old wireless adapter like (b/g) or the ethernet network updater needs new drivers. In my case I have a linksys e3000 router and a Dell XPS410 windows vista PC which no longer updates drivers that also has a linksys wireless G adapter installed...so it seemed possible. I...
I assume the picture i sent showing 1.0.1 to Vizio is why support sent a repairman originally even though the tv was working perfectly at the time (except i wasn't getting 1.1.4). The tv sn was 38. One other interesting bit of info i just remembered is that Vizio sent the repairman a main circuit board and a power board even though i wasn't having any power issues. The repair guy noticed the tv powerd on fine and never switched that part out. I can only assume that vizio...
I have a cable modem, a Dell PC running vista wired to a linksys e3000 wifi router. I have several devices connected wirelessly to the router...2 iphones, 2 ipads, 2 smart bluray players, xbox 360 a dell laptop and all connect to the network no problem while the Dell is on..Once i connect the E601i-a3 to the network (either wireless or wired) the tv completley freezes. At that time i cannot use any controls of the tv (power, volume, menu, etc). If i disconnect form the...
I have a dual band router (linksys e3000) and have had the tv replaced so i can only assume it is either the pc or the router causing the conflict. I was hoping you had resolved it.
here is the original tv sn that had the 1.0.1 that would never update. This tv has the BSOD and was taken away and replaced by Vizio via manna delivery.
Can you explain the locking issues ad how you resolved them? I've had "locking" when both my pc and tv are connected to the internet. My only resolution is to either turn off the pc or to disconnect the ethernet cable from the tv. Another user on this thread had the same issue.