or Connect

Posts by Encom Tron

I bought a Sherwood Newcastle R-972 about a year ago and ran 5 Stradas using it's internal amps with no problem. This was in a 39 foot by 14 foot room with vaulted celings that opens into a similar sized room. I was able to play blu rays at very loud volumes without distortion. Your Strada 2s are more efficient than my original Stradas and should be even more content to be used with the built in amps of a receiver. After several weeks of use, I connected my Outlaw...
I bought a Sherwood Newcastle R-972 about a year ago and ran 5 Stradas using it's internal amps with no problem. This was in a 39 foot by 14 foot room with vaulted celings that opens into a similar sized room. I was able to play blu rays at very loud volumes without distortion. Your Strada 2s are more efficient than my original Stradas and should be even more content to be used with the built in amps of a receiver. After several weeks of use, I connected my Outlaw...
I've run 3 R-972's with 3 sets of speakers that have 86, 87, and 90 db efficiency ratings. The amps built into the R-972 are plenty powerful even in a 39ft x 14ft room with vaulted ceilings that opens to a 2nd room of nearly the same size. I did add a separate Outlaw Audio 7125 amp to one of my R-972s and I felt that very loud passages of blu rays were slightly smoother sounding but I wouldn't recommend the additional expense unless you are really picky about sound (like...
I've run 3 R-972's with 3 sets of speakers that have 86, 87, and 90 db efficiency ratings. The amps built into the R-972 are plenty powerful even in a 39ft x 14ft room with vaulted ceilings that opens to a 2nd room of nearly the same size. I did add a separate Outlaw Audio 7125 amp to one of my R-972s and I felt that very loud passages of blu rays were slightly smoother sounding but I wouldn't recommend the additional expense unless you are really picky about sound (like...
My PS3 gets the most use for games (and does extra work as a blu-ray and Netflix player). It is hooked up in our primary theater along with a PS2, original XBox, and a Sega Dreamcast. Our basement theater has a Wii, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, original NES, and an Atari 2600. Thankfully my wife does not complain about all the consoles filling our equipment racks. I rarely use my gaming PC but occasionally I fire up one of the old school XWing games. Those are still...
I took pictures with my cell phone so that I can quickly re-enter the settings if a reset becomes necessary in the future. Good luck.
I too have never experienced this problem using 3 R-972s over the past 9 months. I've used both the internal amps as well as separate external amps with all 3 units and the only time I experienced any noise was when I left the calibration microphone connected once.
While I would prefer that the R-972 didn't have a few quirks, everytime I use it I'm thrilled at how incredible it makes both of my theaters sound. Last night I watched a couple episodes of Burn Notice on Netflix with my wife and it was great. Then I played Killzone 2 on the PS3 for less than an hour and it felt very immersive. When we go to the movies, we now usually comment on how our primary home theater sounds much better than the commercial theater. Trinnov is...
I hooked up one of my R-972s between a 3D monitor and my PS3. Playing a PS3 game in 3D had no problems whatsoever. You may want to try some different HDMI cables and see if it fixes the issue (try to borrow some from a friend so you don't have to buy extras). I had no idea that Netflix was streaming 3D movies. If I have time, I'll hook up the 3D monitor and stream some 3D content from Netflix via the PS3 and see if I have the same issue.
I hooked up one of my R-972s between a 3D monitor and my PS3. Playing a PS3 game in 3D had no problems whatsoever. You may want to try some different HDMI cables and see if it fixes the issue (try to borrow some from a friend so you don't have to buy extras). I had no idea that Netflix was streaming 3D movies. If I have time, I'll hook up the 3D monitor and stream some 3D content from Netflix via the PS3 and see if I have the same issue.