or Connect

Posts by ceh383

I don't know if this has already been answered, I didn't read through all 110 pages... I'm trying to get video files to play over DLNA, I've tried several different codecs to no avail. I either get a"file not supported or corrupted" error or video with no audio. What video/audio codecs actually work? Nothing I've tried so far does. The only reason I bought this was DLNA compliance, without DLNA working it's not worth anything to me. I wish I could afford a second Oppo,...
Interesting, I'll have to check the second audio and mix settings. I will do the reset on each of the BDP's, but neither has ever been plugged directly into a TV...
Not sure where to post this question, since everything is hooked up to the AVR's, I'll start here... I have two systems setup, when watching the same episode of the same show on Netflix I get different sound decoding between the two systems... System #1 (Bedroom) Sony BDP-S790 connected with an HDMI cable to a Denon AVR-3313ci System #2 (Living room) Oppo BDP-103 connected with an HDMI cable to a Yamaha RXA-2020 When using system #1 the AVR shows input as Multi Channel...
The point I was trying to make is it's not just a Cable/SAT box issue, AVR manufactures play a part in it as well. Each component manufacture has a different take on implementation of the HDMI standard, some do it better than others, and certainly all will not play well together. If it were only the Cable/SAT boxes causing issues, then why can you have a system with endless issues, change ONLY the AVR and all prior issues are resolved?
I'm not sure it's fair to blame the HDMI handshake issues on cable or Dtv boxes. I have a 3313 that had no issues at all in my living room setup, it's now in my bedroom and once in a blue moon I have a handshake problem. I upgraded the living room setup to a 4520 and all I had was problems. I returned the 4520 and bought a Yamaha RX-A2020 and have not had one single issue...It just works...
I'd love to do a DIY sub, but, went turnkey. The lack of workspace, proper wood working tools, and time make a DIY project impossible for the time being. Even if I had some time I would have to spend it finishing a different project I started 8 years ago...A '51 Chevy truck...
Delete...
My suggestion was to verify the DC side with a meter before hooking up the MiniDSP, I do believe this should be done...
This thread has gone completely off subject...My comments were based on this statement...It is possible, to this day, people still have non-polarized plugs and outlets in their homes. As time goes on, it becomes less and less likely, but many people do live in old homes that have not been updated.
The very first patent for a polarized plug was initiated in 1915 by George Knapp on behalf of the Harvey Hubbell company. The polarized plug did not become a standard on electrical appliances until 1962. Non polarized plugs are called NEMA-1 Type A. NEMA 1 Type A sockets have been prohibited in new construction in the United States and Canada since 1962. Houses built before this time had NEMA 1 Type A sockets, it has nothing to do with contractors not following building...