or Connect

Posts by jlpowell84

An unexpected benefit of my Open DRC. I took it out the the signal chain only to find my two Submersives humming pretty loudly. Put it back in and quiet.
well I just sold my Denon 3313ci which worked flawless for me for over a year. I had the Sherbourn PA-7350 amp and I had noise from my 98db sensitive JTR Triple 8's. Unfortunately I am young and made a few mistakes right out of high school so I don't own my home yet. But within 3-4 years...But I get noise at my rental. In fact I unplugged my Open DRC-AN mini dsp unit from the signal chain last night and got terrible noise from the Submersives. So I will always have it...
Well I guess I am about to live with those short falls for years to come...
Sorry just ordered a Denon 4520ci to power my JTR Triple 8's. Wont ever work too hard as they are crossed over to a couple Seaton Submersives. What made you go with the Pioneer?
It adds a few ft for the Audyssey distance setting which we know is not really distance but proper time delay. maybe like 3.5-5ft but thats just the few micro seconds for the longer signal chain and such. I had never had the submersives plugged in without since I have moved. At my old place they were quite so obviously it's the home. There are some products just recommended on the Submersive forum. One is an outlet and the other plugs into a plug on that circuit. One...
Archaea, this made me think of you and all of our past amplifier discussion. I was reading a Denon 4520ci review my local Stereo Store owner sent me trying to get me to buy from him. I need to email and tell him something. I found a much better price through AV science here on AVS Forums. But this comment about the better sounding amp was from the reviewer. The second comment is what makes it really interesting and if true funny as well. comment from reviewer "While...
I don't remember his name either but that doesn't matter. It sounds like some of the comments may still be there so a simple review could tell you BTW, being a Duck fan born and still living in Eugene, I hope Chip can make the Eagles into a powerhouse
I found this quote on a 4520 review below in the comment section. Very interesting for sure. If I remember right the guy who modded his 4520's capacitors and such said the 8801 had better capacitors and transistors? That is vague memory though so I could be wrong. Interesting nonetheless This comment is in relation to the Marantz and Denon names using the same assembly building. "Submitted by palmharbor on April 23, 2014 - 2:14pm Since the Japan Nuclear...
A comment to the noise issue. I had briefly unhooked my Open DRC-AN unit from Mini DSP out of the signal path of both Submersives and I got a bit of noise. So even if it's there just to filter out noise then it's a plus for me. Can't do too much with a rental home. Someday when we buy a home dedicated circuits and the full nine yards! But a nice consolation to quieting down noise I hadn't realized. But it further proves this rental has issues when it comes to noise...
A comment to the noise issue. I had briefly unhooked my Open DRC-AN unit from Mini DSP out of the signal path of both Submersives and I got a bit of noise. So even if it's there just to filter out noise then it's a plus for me. Can't do too much with a rental home. Someday when we buy a home dedicated circuits and the full nine yards! But a nice consolation to quieting down noise I hadn't realized. But it further proves this rental has issues when it comes to noise...