or Connect

Posts by Scared by AV

Well I just got back from RC Willey here in Salt Lake City with a brand new ZT60 60 inch for $2249 with a 30 day price match guaranteed. They had it in stock so I was able to leave with the TV right then and there. WOOT! Kind of an impulse buy but after reading the reviews and learning that it is arguably the best TV ever made and Panasonic won't be making it again I decided to go for it! Did I do it right brahs???
Sorry Shane I had been meaning to write up a full review of my setup, but just haven't had much time! I will be brief here and hope to write a more full review when I have more time. Overall: VERY impressed with the equipment and it works really well for my needs. A lot of people on this forum have given my receiver a bad review but mainly because they have problems with Pandora and AirPlay working correctly. For me this is a non-issue because I have Pandora on like 3...
@BIslander- I suppose some of the stuff may not be in 5.1. The movie preview said DD but that might not count the preview. As for music over AirPlay I thought all iTunes music, or any cd you buy nowadays, came in 5.1? Also on the YouTube app I am watching a few 5.1 sound tests so surely the are recorded in 5.1? The real test would be to rent a movie from iTunes that has the DD logo however that doesn't solve the problem with the YouTube app or the music on AirPlay...
I have a Sony KDS 55A2000 TV hooked up to a Pioneer VSX1022 receiver with the apple TV2 connected to the receiver and the receiver connected to the TV all via HDMI. I have my speakers turned off on the TV and the receiver setup via AUTO MCACC and set to "auto surround sound" and the Apple TV audio setting on Dolby Digital. When I watch a Bluray or watch TV it plays in 5.1, however everything I have tried over the Apple TV plays in 2.1 (music over airplay, movie previews...
So I finally got my 5.1 system setup and I have just started testing it but I can't seem to get 5.1 from Apple TV or the YouTube app on my bluray player. To be fair I tried the Youtube app on my Apple TV and it also didn't have 5.1 surround sound. Movie previews and music played over air play also didn't have surround sound on my Apple TV. I went into the settings on Apple TV and made sure dolby digital was turned ON and I made sure "multiple channel" was selected in...
Ok good to know, thanks again for your help. I will go with 1 set of wires per speaker.
Ok thanks for you help! Just out of curiosity: what are those for and why does my receiver have outputs for the extra sets on front speakers?
They just came in today and they each have 2 black and 2 red input things on EACH speaker so 4 on each speaker for a total of 8. I am using them as my FRONTS in a 5.1 setup. Now my receiver also has 8 output things for the FRONTS so do I just run 2 sets of speaker wire for each speaker to the receiver? The manuel is not clear at all for a novice like me and what I can tell the manuel shows leaving 1 red/black set of inputs unused on each speaker but that seems odd? ...
Sounds like they took advantage of you, which is very sad because those employees had nothing to gain; it's not like they get to keep a portion of the extra money they wanted you to pay, so they had no reason to act that way. I know friends who work in corporate retail as middle managers (regional and divisional managers) and they all have the same line of thought: "let your employees know that if they can't handle customer service issues appropriately and it gets...
Wait....I am an idiot and you are right. I swear when I first looked at it they looked exactly alike. Sorry, and thank you.