or Connect

Posts by iamROOK

Hey MWeezy, Just wondering how you are liking your Yamaha V473 with Monitor 70s setup? I just got them and a Polk CS2 as well. Let me know!
Would you categorize the Yamaha RX-V473 an under powered receiver?
I recently bought Polk Monitor 70s and a Polk CS2 and hooked them up with a Yamaha RX-V473 (aka htr-4065 from Costco). Overall I am enjoying the sound but this is my first time putting together a sound system and I am looking for input. Is this a powerful enough receiver to power these current speakers along with a sub and surround speakers that I eventually plan on adding on? Or do you have any recommendations for different receivers that might be more fitting while I...
I ran into the same problem and my solution was simply to rearrange wires so the tv was directly connected to the video source and airplay was being used to play music on the speaker system. Obviously we wish that the receiver could handle the multitask but this way you don't need to buy extra accessories, it really only takes 10 seconds, and if you wanted to hear both audio sources at the same time you have the option of turning up the volume on the tv. Then I just switch...
I am setting up my Yamaha RX-V473 to my Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ85U 50" plasma which does not have ARC (audio return channel) capabilities on the HDMI ports. According to the user manual for the Yamaha receiver, if I have a TV that doesn't have ARC support I need to run an optical audio cable from the TV to the receiver. I don't understand why I would need to do this if all of my video devices are going through my receiver. For example, I have a PS3 connected to my...
Hi I am new to the game here as far as home audio systems. I spent a few days researching these forums which led me to my decision to get the Yamaha RX-473 and the Polk Monitor 70 Series 2 floorstanding speakers (got a steal on Newegg). I also recently purchased the Polk CS2 Series II Center. The next step is to add a sub. I will wait to add the surround speakers for a couple months. Any suggestions would help. I am not interested in a cheap sub (probably would want a...
Great it has been ordered. Thank you for your help. If anyone else has any recommendations for a sub I would love to hear them but that Klipsch RW-12D seems to get great reviews.
The CS2 is available for $99 after a $50 instant rebate at newegg until tomorrow. So I can still get it for that price (the black one).
Hi I am new to the game here as far as home audio systems. I spent a few days researching these forums which led me to my decision to get the Yamaha RX-473 and the Polk Monitor 70 Series 2 floorstanding speakers (got a steal on Newegg). The next step is to add a center speaker and sub. I will wait to add the surround speakers for a couple months. Any suggestions would help. I am not interested in cheap speakers but don't want to spend a fortune while getting some solid...