or Connect

Posts by Noobio2

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you all with my impressions. I've had my PB-1000 up and running for about a month now, used almost exclusively for movies, with a bit of Black Ops 2 thrown in. Let's get the caveats out of that way: I am not an audiophile, I don't know much about HT gear, I am in my mid-forties and my ears are already fading some. I am strictly a lay-person, a total noob, when it comes to this gear. That said, this sub is AWESOME. It is deep...
I know it has taken me a while to get back to this, but I wanted to close this thread out properly. First off, a huge THANK YOU to AVSforum generally and to the many individuals here who helped me out with this project. Though I’ve still got some wires to neaten up and some settings to play with, I am considering my budget home theater installed and complete. The sound is excellent to my ears, and I’ve hosted several movie nights and the reviews have been great. I am...
Why am I having so much trouble finding a basic power strip with an unswitched outlet or two? My HT is pretty low budget, and I am not looking for anything too complicated and fancy. There are plenty of $30 to $50 devices that would meet my needs perfectly, but almost none of them have an unswitched outlet for the DVR. Why is this such a rare feature? Does anyone have any recommendations? The only line I've found so far are these from Belkin, but I don't want or need a...
My hero! Thanks! Reconfigured as you suggested, with PS3 straight to 1403. Had to play with the PS3 settings some, to get it to put the right sound out to the 1403, but once I got past that, sounds great! And no problem with picture through the 1403 to the TV. Looks and sounds great. Phew. It is too bad that that cable box cannot perform similarly well, but I won't be losing much sleep over that. Ok, so one last question (for today), I set up the speakers using Audyssey,...
Thanks again, jdsmoothie. I'll give that a try when I have a few minutes this afternoon. Recall our exchange earlier in this thread, though (posts 223 to 225). I initially had it set up that way and could not get things to work even close to right. You suggested that the cable box was the culprit. I can't do the test right now, but when I do, assuming I get the same result, then am I just SOL? I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, but that would be extremely frustrating....
Ok folks -- what am I doing wrong? I've FINALLY got all 5.1 speakers hooked up to my NR1403 yesterday. I ran Audyssey, and all 5.1 speakers dutifully chirped into the microphone (so I know they are all working). I stored the calculated settings, and checked that the fronts were set to "small." I threw a Blu-Ray (Bourne Legacy) into the PS3 and got it playing. Sound emanated from all 5.1 speakers, so in that sense I was indeed "surrounded." But even listening carefully, I...
Can anyone tell me where the setting is to turn off the motion interpolation on my L55ET5? I hate the "soap opera" effect but can't find how to turn this off. Thanks!
Thanks very much!
Hey mark1280 -- Did you ever get those OMW3s hooked up? I am considering them, and will likely be hanging them high much in the manner you describe. I'de love to hear if you went through with it and if you are happy with how they sound. Thanks! Noobio
I don't need some gold-plated heavy guage thing?