or Connect

Posts by Baseball Dad

Hello, I have a Toshiba A3 HD DVD player. Which although it is slow to boot up and read any discs, has always worked well. This morning I felt a little nostalgic so I decided to watch HD DVD Star Trek, Season 1 of the original series. I was disappointed to find out that now my player will read and play the first episode only even though the discs have several episodes. The DVD player displays only the first episode in the main menu---it does not even read the main menu...
After 13 days in the shop, i just got an estimate back from the technician. The SC board needs to be replaced... Cost of new SC board $150 Labor charge $100 Total of $250 minus $30 diagnostic fee. He said it would take about 5 days for him to get the new SC board. There is a 90 warranty for this work. I have been trying to locate a new SC board since my tv went bad but no luck anywhere. Does all this make sense and are the charges "fair" ? Thanks
Thanks for the great response. Based on all your information, i hope i can get my plasma repaired for a reasonable cost.
I am in the process of finding out what went wrong and the cost of repairs of my 42" Panasonic TC-P42G10 Plasma when the screen went black. It was manufactured in March 2009. I decided to look for new 42" HDTVs If the cost of repair is too much. What I noticed is that it seems there are relatively few 42" plasmas available compared to LCD and LED-LCD screens. Why has there been a shift in screen options... are LCDs better than plasmas? have plasma screens become too...
Thanks very much for all your help. I contacted shopjimmy.com and spoke to Ajay in tech support. He was very patient and helpful. He asked me to disconnect two plugs that helped him determine that i need to replace 3 boards...P, SC and SU. The SC and SU boards are available but the P board is not available in the US. There is a seller who offers it but they are overseas with a shipping charge of $25. And i do not want to get into dealing with an overseas seller if there is...
Thanks for the detailed information. I had 2 blinks, 3 blinks and 5 blinks. Does anyone know what the cost of repair could/should be by a repair center? Can it be repaired by an average guy? It is impressive that plasma screens are supposed to last for many thousands of hours but a shame that these weak links exist in the electronics.
hello-i was watching a cable show last night and i heard a single "pop" sound from my plasma tv. the screen went black and the on/off indicator light was blinking in series of 3. i unplugged the tv, waited a few minutes. tried again and nothing. this morning i tried again and still nothing but a black screen, i can not turn the tv on even though there is power as per indicator light blinking--now in series of 5. no surges, no other abnormalities. called panasonic tech...