or Connect

Posts by crackalackin

I compared it to a PC>converter signal. That picture takes up the whole screen, in contrast to the dreamcast image, which has black borders on all sides (except only for the bootup white dreamcast logo and sega screens, which also take up the whole screen).I thought the problem must be the VGA box because FTW and I use the same one and see the same offset, but the signal it sends to my CRT monitor does not suffer from the same issue. This is weird.. it seems ONLY sending...
I understand the overscan issues, in that the VGA signal takes up a full 480x640 area, while SD tv takes up much less than that. But this is different. I have no problem displaying the whole image, and my TV saves different settings for each resolution, so that my settings for 480p game systems don't cause the cable tv signal to shrink.You're right, all 1080i sources have this problem. I couldn't find what service menu item adjusts this property (vertical upper/lower...
I did take note of the original value. It didn't seem to make a difference to other 480p inputs, however.I will keep an eye out for the AA box, but I'll also research why both of the converters would shift the image to the left and downwards. That's an odd coincidence. I'd prefer to not need to change the TV's horizontal and vertical position values whenever I switch consoles..Component is next in line. Soon it'll just be HDMI and USB.
The monoprice one also shifts the picture to the side. I managed to get more accurate colors by changing the 'RCUT' value in the tv's service menu, but I'll still consider getting the one you recommended if I can find it at a good price (ones on ebay right now are 65$+). One other problem with the monoprice converter is that it stretches the 4:3 source to the 16:9 screen, with no switch to choose aspect ratio. Does the audio authority box have the same problem?
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum but I've used the threads as a source of info in the past. I could use some pointers on how to correct the image on my set. Thanks in advance for any useful tips! I have a game system (Dreamcast) hooked up to the TV (Toshiba theatrewide, a direct view HD CRT). The DC's signal first goes through a VGA box, which carries its 480p signal. My goal in this whole set up is to maintain that 480p signal as perfectly as possible. The VGA box...