or Connect

Posts by pulpblogger

You will be dissapointed. Even as bright as the the Benq is, you just can't compete with a plasma in the environment you described. That is if you are fond of color saturation and contrast. Keeping the projected image small will help, but only so much, and then what's the point?If you are against blacking out, you might consider a solar screen that will block out a majority of the light but still allow for visibility to the outside and darker/neutral color/matte paint for...
You are looking for a projector with lens memory feature. Any projector with lens memory can replicate the Panasonic's functionality. The Sony VPL-VW1000ES for example has this function --- except its 4K, so even zoomed, you are still working with around 1260 lines of resolution as opposed to around 817 with the panasonic (albeit still only 817 lines of information, though as I understand that may change if we ever see multiformat/anamorphic bd discs). If you want true...
I would't pay more than $50 for it, Runco or not. It is 16:9 but only has 576 lines of resolution -- not even HD and replacing the lamp could easily cost you $3-400. A used optoma hd20 would blow away the cl-510 and if you are lucky, you could find one at the same price point.
I'm looking at the Casio XJ-M255 Hybrid LED/Laser projector for daytime/tv viewing and a JVC RS-40 for night/1080p movie content. I should be able to aquire both for under $3k. Thoughts?
If its for "movie nights," I would go with the projector... no contest. I've recently transitioned between similar scenarios. I went from a 58" Samsung Plasma to my current 129" DLP projection setup, both setups with seating at 12 feet. What I miss most from the Plasma: The gaudy rich colors and brightness of the plasma Watchability during the day, despite glare on the glass from sunlight No bulbs to replace, and 40-60,000 hours of life. What I enjoy most from the...
I really did not want to post another, "help me pick a projector" thread but I'm so close to pulling the trigger I need some validation. I've been going back and forth over the past few weeks trying to decide on how I want to upgrade my existing HT setup. I've reviewed Coderguy's awards post. But my main issue arose playing with the projector central calculator -- I seem to almost always fall out of the recommended brightness range with DLP or LCOS projectors. LCD is...
Yes, you leave the slingbox at home. The slingbox is meant to be left in a fixed location (near your cable/satellite/dvr/bluray whatever). The slingbox pulls in video content and converts it into a compressed digital stream. The slingbox facilitates placeshifting i.e. it gives you access to your content that you have at home to anywhere in the world via the internet.Overall its pretty simple [Your TV at Home] -> [SlingBox] -> [Internet] -> [Your Computer]Already...
1. Slingbox is two major components, the hardware-based streaming server and either a software or hardware based client. - Hardware: There have been different models over the years, varying in the input options they offer, hd support etc, but all generally function the same way. The hardware, which is a small rectangular box, is placed near your A/V components and provides inputs and pass-through outputs (again which vary by model) which you connect to your A/V components...
5 orders and 0 issues for me, and the one customer service interaction I ever had was quite helpful. I would guess it all depends on exactly what you are ordering. Maintaining a myriad electronics inventory as unique as theirs is likely very challenging, in terms of supply chain & sales operations (product knowledge). Most of my orders have consisted of CL2 cabling/wire, connectors, mounting brackets & HDMI extenders. In the one instance that I interacted with their...