or Connect

Posts by gimecfs

I am looking for a entry level sub for my new home theater. If no response I will be forced to give my money to Amazon for the PSW110. Any kind-hearted souls with an unused sub lying around better than the POLK and i'd pony up $100 for it. I was 'forced' to get in on the amazon onkyo 809 deal a few weeks ago and that has totally skewed my budget. A fellow AVSer was kind enough to part with his Jamo 426 5.0 system at a great price but now the bug has bitten and I just...
Thanks Allnighters! I was not aware of that company but it does seem to get good reviews so far. I am weighing different options especially foregoing the sub now for better speakers as others have mentioned. I can see this hobby turning expensive VERY quickly!
So you bring up a good point that I haven't even considered yet. I guess ideally I would do wall plates for a clean look. Any drawbacks I should consider? Good tip on the posts and wire gauge. Thanks for the links. That site is great! Good prices and glad to hear someone endorsing their products.
Thanks AfroGT and sdg4vfx for the input. I don't have anything right now except the receiver but I am close to buying. I am considering the Take Classics vs. the Jamo 426 systems with a polk PSW10 sub as a cheap way to get 5.1 and test and use the receiver. I have no audio system to speak of now so just the move to an entry level 5.0 or 5.1 will probably make me very happy. Since the receiver support 7.1 (7.2?) I was looking down the road to that upgrade by buying new...
I continue to scour the forums on these speakers and still come up against one final question that I originally posted, but will rephrase here: Is there any issue that a newbie wouldn't know about using the 4 energy satellite speakers in a 7.1 system if an additional 2 towers of better quality were purchased down the road? For example, this 'upgrade' would leave the newer and better tower speakers with the original Energy 5.0 center speaker for some amount of...
Thanks willieconway! I appreciate the info. I may take your advice on delaying the sub purchase and wait until I can get something more....'appropriate'. Since you have the 426 setup, I recall reading that the satellites only have springclips. True? I am embarrassed by the discrepancy between the receiver/projector and speakers that I am mentioning and wish there was another way, but part of the situation is that because the 809 has some bad build issues, I wanna get...
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum as a poster but finally have taken the plunge into the Home Theater world with something a bit more planned out than what my roommates were throwing away! I got in on a great deal on an ONKYO TX-NR809 receiver. I know that some people have had problems but in everything I have read most reviews are excellent and for the price I was willing to deal with potential issues. Regarding speakers, I am setting up my 'theater' in a room that is...