or Connect

Posts by lawyervon

My local Best Buy is suggesting the Yamaha RX-A1020 because it has 4 component inputs plus enough powered speaker inputs to fill out my speaker arrangement. Any other ideas?
As I look into the Marantz 7005, it looks like Marantz 6005 and even the 5005 offer the functionality I'm looking for. Am I right? Are those additional speaker outputs on the Marantz models powered zone 2 capable?
That's what I've been determining. So take that off the receiver list. What receiver matches the rest? To the conversion question: are there converter boxes like the one I bought that work to converter HDMi out to component out for my projector? This converter doesn't seem like it has enough power to push the signal out to the projector. The receiver believes it's outputting to HDMI but the projector only shows its default screen. It occasionally blinks when...
So I bought a Pioneer Elite SC-61 on open box, thinking I knew how the system would work in my house. I was wrong. Downstairs setup is based in a media closet. It came with a component-based projector installed, 7 speakers in the room, plus 2 more speakers out on the deck that are wired to the media closet. The SC-61 (and for that matter, the Denon 3313, which was my other option) doesn't like HDMI being pushed down to component output. If you're using component...
Bump.
My projector is composite only, so I am stuck using the composite out on the SC-61 receiver. When I plug my Wii into the "Video" RCA jacks, I get nothing on screen. I can get the sound but no video. What am I missing here? Same thing with Pandora. Nothing on screen, but I can hear the music.
Moved into a new house. Downstairs has a projector (only component hookups -- will have to upgrade the projector in the future) and 7 speaker setup. Everything is run from a closet. Also, there is another 2-speaker outdoor speaker set that is wired into the same closet, so this receiver will run that as well. I've been considering the Denon 3313 and the Pioneer VSX-53. I want to be able to run multiroom on the outside speakers. I have DISH Hopper with HDMI outs, a...