or Connect

Posts by drmarg58

Thank you! I will try the small setting and see if that initiates bass management. So far, I love the sound. Very natural. The cool factor is that it sounds more dynamic than the $28,000 McIntosh system it replaced! D-Sonic makes powerful Class D ampilfiers that sound really good for a great price. Thanks again!
My home theater system is based on the use of an Oppo 105 without a theater processor. It is connected directly to my five channel amp via rca interconnects. Is it possible to connect my subwoofer LFE directly to the Oppo 105 subwoofer output without having to use a processor? I've connected everything properly but not getting a signal to the sub. Subwoofer is on in the speaker set up. All speakers are set to large which defeats bass management. Any help would be greatly...
thank you!
My home theater system is based on the use of an Oppo 105 without a theater processor. It is connected directly to my five channel amp via rca interconnects. Is it possible to connect my subwoofer LFE directly to the Oppo 105 subwoofer output without having to use a processor? I've connected everything properly but not getting a signal to the sub. Subwoofer is on in the speaker set up. All speakers are set to large which defeats bass management. Any help would be...
I'm running my Oppo 105 direct. No processor. Using a D-Sonic 500W per channel amp. Everything works pretty well except having to reselect the input every time the Oppo is turned on. Unless your consistently viewing a disc, this becomes a minor inconvenience. It would be very cool if Oppo corrects this with a new firmware update. The sound is very good sans processor. Worth your effort to dial it in. I am having difficulty setting up my new Martin Logan Descent i...
It is a Motorola DVR. I was hoping to use the Oppo without a processor. It just sounds fantastic connected directly to my D-Sonic (500W per channel x 3, 250W per channel x 2) amp then out to Martin Logan in-walls! The D/A conversion in the 105 just sounds right for both music and movies. I have not yet burned the player and the amp in yet and it already sounds better than my all (high dollar) McIntosh system!! Looks like I may have to rethink this. Perhaps temporarily...
Oppo customer services says it is an HTCP (copyright protection) issue which is instilled by my cable company. The 105 does not have the firmware to handle this issue yet but is in the works. It is only happening to a few customers at this point. Lucky me!
Thank you very much. I will contact my cable company and go from there. Apple TV HDMI outputs are not an issue. Will report results to this forum in case anyone else has this issue.
I'm attempting to use the 105 in a home theater sans processor. So far so good with exception to the HDMI inputs from my cable TV tuner. After selecting the appropriate HDMI input, the audio and video start normally but are quickly interrupted by a full screen, green screen. Contacted Oppo customer service and they recommended that even though my 105 is brand new, to upgrade the firmware. Completed this task but did not solve the problem. Contacted my dealer and they were...
I'm attempting to use the 105 in a home theater sans processor. So far so good with exception to the HDMI inputs from my cable TV tuner. After selecting the appropriate HDMI input, the audio and video start normally but are quickly interrupted by a full screen, green screen. Contacted Oppo customer service and they recommended that even though my 105 is brand new, to upgrade the firmware. Completed this task but did not solve the problem. Contacted my dealer and they...