or Connect

Posts by ZenithDK

Hi all, After being all over with regards to speakers, amp, and HTPC hardware, I've finally settled on the following setup: Dali Fazon F5 speakers Primare I22 integrated amplifier with DAC Zotac ZBOX ID83 (and probably a 51" F8505 Samsung Plasma later on). My question is now: What can you recommend for the software? My requirements are: Play ripped Bluray movies from my NAS Play TV shows from my NAS Play FLACs from NAS Play Spotify / WiMP / Google Play Music All...
Okay, so after getting input on another forum and generally just feeling really sick of researching, I bought the Primare I22 with the DAC module - got a good price on the dealer's demo unit - £1250. This was the same setup I initially tried out, just with my buddy's amp, and I really like it - so I basically just folded when the dealer gave me the offer Next up is the media center part - any suggestions on that now that I have speakers and a stereo amp? As I said, I am...
Hi, I'm fully aware that the subject has probably been discussed to death a number of times already, but now we are in the 2013 season and a bunch of new stereo and surround receivers have arrived (and old 2012 stock is being cleared out cheap) - so I'm taking my chance and restoking the fires I've bought myself a pair of Dali Fazon F5 floorstanders and now I "just" need the rest of the setup. I will likely invest in a 2012/2013 LED TV shortly and then buy an Intel NUC...
Oh, forgot about the Simple Audio Roomplayer 2 - http://www.simpleaudio.co.uk/products/roomplayers/roomplayer-ii (no Spotify, no AirPlay, DAC 96/24). I am looking for something that sounds great, but doesn't cost more than about £600-700. I understand that streamers and DACs have improved greatly over the last few years. I'm good with computers and software, so partly home-brewed or tedious setups does not scare me off, but ease of use in a daily setting is very important.
Hi, I've been looking hard and long for a setup that I think will suit me best (have yet to hear it connected together, but have heard the individual parts separately) and now I only need the last missing pieces. I have more or less settled on a Primare I32 integrated amplifier (have found one used without the MM32 module for a reasonable price, roughly £1600) and a pair of Dali Fazon F5 speakers (at about £2000, a dealer demo in pristine condition). I have a Synology...
Is my list of choices that peculiar? I was hoping for some quick "that sucks" - "rocks" answers at the very least!
Hi, I've been looking quite a bit around for a 5.1 setup and was recommended to look at a stereo setup instead, which I now have, and think will suit my needs much better. I have a room of about 16 m2, I listen mostly to music, but also quite a lot of shows and movies. I do not play at extreme levels, once in a while I crank up the volume, and the music I listen to is mostly pop and rock. The speakers I have narrowed down to are either Dynaudio Excite X12 or Dali Mentor...
I see they just dropped the price of the CEOL with £100, so it's only £249 for the N5 (no CD) and £349 for the N8. The speakers will be around £750, so a total of about £1100 with the N8 - and then a sub on top. I heard the N8 + Menuet in a shop and I was blown away, really impressed by the sound considering their size - the Mentor 5 are of course even better, but larger and more expensive. Alternatively I could try out the Mentor 1's and see if that can save me the...
I am looking at something similar now, just with different speakers: http://www.trustedreviews.com/dali-mentor-menuet_Surround-Sound-System_review Two of those, and then a Denon CEOL as a stereo network receiver. It should be decent, especially at the price.
Would it make sense to get the Apex's as a 2.1 setup initially for that small TV room, and then tack on the A40 and 2x A10's later on if and when needed? That would save me about £1000 I guess - and I can save that for later.