or Connect

Posts by lurch0101

Is UTB-1 the only bluetooth dongle that works with the Onkyo receivers? Can any other Bluetooth 3.0 dongles be used? Thanks
I did what you just said, unplug and plug it back in and it worked. I'm wondering why the hell customer support didn't tell me to do this in the first place instead of making me reset everything. This problem keeps happening. I've had the receiver for a few days now and whenever I turn the receiver off for more than half hour, I have to do a soft reset to get the sound back. It is getting hella annoying now. Onkyo is sending me a replacement....should I even bother with...
Whats a soft reset and how do you doit? Customer rep told me to hold cbl/sat and press the power button.Thanks
I just got my 515 yesterday and today I had to reset the receiver for the sound to work. No sound was coming from any of the hdmi sources. After a reset it worked but had to run audessey again. Is this a common issue? Should I just return the receiver? Would they charge me for the return shipping for something that was already damaged? I've had it for less than 24 hours as of now. Thanks
You can get the 509 for $162 at amazon warehouse "used". usually new or return for free. new is going for $270.
Sorry was talking about my laptop which is connected through HDMI. I can go into my sound properties and set 5.1 channels. I pretty much have to do this every time I restart the laptop because by default it gets set to 2.1.I do have some videos that are in DTS etc but regardless of what they are or how many channels I set the sound properties to, it always says Multich PCM when I check under Home then Info.Is there anyway I can make it so it changes to whatever the video...
Sorry was talking about my laptop which is connected through HDMI. I can go into my sound properties and set 5.1 channels. I pretty much have to do this every time I restart the laptop because by default it gets set to 2.1.I do have some videos that are in DTS etc but regardless of what they are or how many channels I set the sound properties to, it always says Multich PCM when I check under Home then Info.Is there anyway I can make it so it changes to whatever the video...
II get nothing but Multichan even if the video is DTS or another format.
btw theres an update out for the 509 which fixes playback issues on Network and USB
I've been using the 509 for the past few months and I rarely go over 50 volume. Last night watching game of thrones I put it up to 61 and in some loud scenes I heard crackling from my right speaker. My L/R speakers are Pioneer Floorstanding SP-FS52 130 watt 40hz - 20khz 6 Ohm 87 db sensitivity Can it be that the receiver is starting to go bad? Or am I playing the speakers too loud and the receiver can't handle it? Can I be damaging the receiver/speakers if I play...