or Connect

Posts by davywavy

I have finally managed to update to version 2.7! I couldn't find a free trial roxio download so I tried infrarecorder instead. I simply dragged the update file to the bottom panel and burned the CD. It updated in about 4 minutes and the status check confirmed my new version. However, Mad Max 2 still does not load. It must be a disc problem as I have now tried 8 films and this is the only one that fails. Can anyone advise me how to tell what region a disc is or if it...
I selected the Europe and UK update. The version offered was 2.7. This is, I assume, the latest version for Europe and UK. I downloaded it and extracted it. It is definitely the correct software for my region unless Panasonic have dropped a clanger. So all the things I have tried since my initial post have been with the correct software and the machine doesn't inherently dislike the disc brand I'm using as a music CD works fine. I use linux on a laptop mainly but cannot...
I burned a music compilation to the same brand of cd-r that I have used for update discs. The music disc works flawlessly. DVDs work perfectly well. And I have now tried 6 blu-rays, 5 of which work. The one that doesn't work (Mad Max2) which I was given with the (free) player was still in it's cellophane wrapper. I am not 100% sure that it's region 2 but as it has loaded once I suppose it must be. I want to persevere a little longer as it was free and produces good...
Using CDBurnerXP (with windows XP) I have now tried writing a data disc using iso9660 format at 4X burn speed. Again the same result. I am trying to update from vers 1.7 to vers 2.7. Is there any fundamental reason this should not work? i.e should I attempt to update to 1.8 and then incrementally through the versions? Has anyone successfully updated to Europe & UK vers 2.7? If so, could they explain what software they used. Thanks for all your suggestions so far.
I have now tried burning a data disc using iso660 filing system with exactly the same results. Has anyone else encountered this problem and managed to overcome it. This really does seem a long-winded procedure to update software. What does L FVU mean? And why does the procedure terminate after this message? Any ideas anyone?
I am definitely using cd-r's and have made 3 unsuccessfully. The first 2 were made using imageburner. The 3rd using CDBurnerXP. All 3 discs failed at the same stage. Has any one got a comprehensive, step-by-step guide of both the image creation process (joliet?) and the burning process. I have the PANA_DVD.FRM file for Europe & UK version 1.7 sitting on a PC with Win XP and am desperate to update the machine as it appears to be in good condition. Thanks
I have already tried that but am unable to burn a disc by the method described as I have only one PC with XP and it is missing the "enable CD writing" function. Therefore, I have tried other 3rd party software with the results I mentioned in my first post. I need either to find out how to reinstall the CD writing software that XP originally had or download software that can do the job. That is the bit I'm struggling with.
Hello I am from England and have acquired a DMP-BD30 and upon trying it I have found that it plays every DVD I have tried. However, I have 2 blu-ray discs; 1; Avatar. plays perfectly (albeit a little slow to load) 2; Mad Max 2. this film has loaded but usually doesn't. Before I start buying blu-rays I want to ensure the machine is working. I have cleaned the lens. The software currently loaded is version 1.7. The latest version on the Panasonic site is 2.7 which I have...
I have acquired a DMP-BD30 and upon trying it I have found that it plays every DVD I have tried. However, I have 2 blu-ray discs; 1; Avatar. plays perfectly (albeit a little slow to load) 2; Mad Max 2. this film has loaded but usually doesn't. Before I start buying blu-rays I want to ensure the machine is working. I have cleaned the lens. The software currently loaded is version 1.7. The latest version on the Panasonic site is 2.7 which I have downloaded and...