or Connect

Posts by DemoMan2502

Hey guys! Just letting you know what I ended up doing. After a long and hard thought process and all of your recommendations, I ended up going with SVS. I did a thorough search through all of the SVS subs, and as the best match for the Paradigm Monitor 11's (which sound AWESOME), I went all the way and purchased a SVS SB-13 ULTRA!! I really heard you guys loud and clear when you said don't save on a sub, as you'll just end up upgrading down the road. So I went all the way...
Thanks for the info Dave! It's disappointing that with all the great quality speakers Paradigm has, their subs cannot match SVS unless you want to pay over $2000. I am really happy with what the SVS subs seem to offer right now. I actually spent the evening reading some specs on the SVS website, and seeing how the subs would fit in my recroom. I've come to the conclusion that the box type subs will be too intrusive for the layout I am trying to make. Taking the point...
You literally do crawl for a sub crawl! Sounds primitive, but I will for sure give that a shot
The fact that the PC12-PLUS has built in DSP is nice. It would save me having to purchase a stand alone EQ. Now the sub you chose was a cylindrical one. Why was this? Are there any advantages over a standard 'box' sub other then saving space?When you say 'sub crawl', is this basically placing the sub in different parts of the room (which I choose by picking out of a hat? ) and seeing how they sound to me? Or is there a method that has some structure to it?
Not at all! You probably figured 'this guy has no idea what he is talking about! I must change him over to the dark side aka ID SUBS!!!' I feel much better now about getting a SVS sub. Choosing between the UltraCube 12 and DSP-3200 seemed like a never ending challenge. In terms of the EQ in my system, that will be an ongoing development. My AVR (Yamaha RX-A3020) does have some form of calibration as well as it comes with a microphone and fancy setup (not sure if it will...
You've been a really big help for me eljaycanuck!!! I think I am going to start off with a single PB12-NSD, and go from there. Worst case if the room is really lacking, I will do the unthinkable and get a SECOND PB12-NSD! My only last concern is about the DSP for the sub. IMO it was a really neat feature in the Paradigm. I was briefly looking at the miniDSP 2x4. Would you think it is a worthwhile investment to start off with this module as well, or see how the sub sounds...
I am really warming up to the idea of SVS subs because they can be purchased locally, as I like being able to deal with people. I also think that 2 subs in the room would create a more uniform listening environment, as they can work together to create a fuller sound. I am under the general understanding that the larger the woofer diameter, the lower the frequency the sub can deliver. Are the 10" PB-1000's able to hit as low as the larger 12" PB12-NSD? Now I know that with...
I figured it wouldn't be long until ID subs came back into play. Is there really such a difference between Paradigm and say SVS subs? It seemed in every forum I read, ID subs were recommended over Paradigm pretty fast, with SVS being a top pick. Unfortunately I live in Canada, so I can't benefit from SVS's free shipping. I would most likely purchase from Sonic Boom Audio, as I could even do a pick up myself since they are fairly local. Eljaycanuck recommended dual SVS...
Well having 2 of them will most likely be a future accomplishment. I first need to be happy with one! Which seems to be my current dilemma. Originally I was leaning towards the DSP-3400 as it seemed to be the pick over the 3200 in that series. In general it seemed the order of choice I perceived from people's opinions was at the top, the DSP-3400, then the UltraCube 12, and at the bottom, the DSP-3200. From that order (since the DSP-3400 is discontinued), the logical...
Hello everyone! I've spent the last several days reading hundreds of forum posts and numerous articles and reviews, but I still cannot come to a solid conclusion about the Paradigm UltraCube 12 or DSP-3200 subs. I am setting up a 15' x 25' x 8' rec room in a basement. The HT system will be all Paradigm, and will consist of Monitor 11 fronts, a Center 3 and Surround 3's in the rear. The last item in this system I need to make a decision on, is you guessed it...the...