or Connect

Posts by ejsg19

Thanks Randy,Not precise measurements, but I think with a margin of error of 2-3 inches, I can get this figured out now.Thanks again,Eric
The trouble I had, was I ordered 4 P163's assuming they did indeed have built in wall mounts, as the description says. Upon arrival and inspection, there are no such wall mounts built into the P163's case.I am returning them, and debating on whether to get the P153's instead, or go with another speaker.On the other hand, I will likely need to be able to rotate them, so I'm debating finding a pivoting mount also...
Correct, they are what I thought I'd use for the surrounds.Frankly, something with a smaller profile would be good. These P163's are pretty big, considering space concerns in the room.Open to suggestions for good surround speakers in the $100 or less range, I am returning the P163's to Amazon based on the wall mount difficulty and their overall size.Otherwise I figured the P153's are my next best solution, hopefully without sacrificing too much quality
well all of my speakers showed up today, and stupid me for not knowing any better, the P163 Infinity Primus bookshelf speakers do not have provisions for wall mounting, although Amazon's description said they did. So with all of the above thread in mind, will the P153 model be a terrible choice for any reason? The instruction book that came with the P163 says the P153 does in fact have wall mounts built in. I really don't want to build shelves for all 4 of these P163's...
If you are buying from Pauls you may have just answered your availability question yourself.The VT50 was on the website last week when I bought mine, folks said Pauls stated they only had 100 or less units at that time. I agree, it isn't there anymore. Those who want a VT50 I believe their days are numbered to do it.On one hand you better hustle and call them, on the other hand you and your marital issues making you second guess... there is a can of worms we all know too...
all I know is I have one on the way to me right now from Paul's TV.time to make the proverbial BM or get off the pot if you ask me...
I have a VT50 on the way from Pauls, and would like to get the wall mount installed correctly, prior to the TV being delivered. I can't seem to find any information on where the bolt holes on the back of the TV are located on this model. This would tell me how high on the wall to put the wall mount. I asked a guy at Pauls, and his answer to all this was "they are on the bottom." Not quite the answer I was looking for, in terms of being precise. I have just under 8'...
Thank you Randy, I'll go the PLA60 route I think, hopefully won't have to buy a tv mount ever again. We will have this tv off center on the wall, so it will always be out from the wall and at an angle for proper viewing angle, so a good full motion mount is what I am needing. I have a thing about things that don't seem solid, and therefore a mount that doesn't seem rigid and sags, will bother me to no end. Hopefully the new walls we just built will stand up to the test....
something like this you mean? http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Classic-Full-Motion-32-Inch-63-Inch/dp/B004L2JQBW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361506223&sr=8-3&keywords=sanus+full+motion+wallIf the quality is worth the extra $175 that is great, but I'd like to see the explanation as to why if anyone would be willing. Less sag, better design to take the weight, better materials used in construction? What?As for mounting to the wall, I am an over-building addict, so I don't seem to...
Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but my Search Fu is weak and I wasn't able to locate much info on wall mounting a 65'' VT50 which both tilts and swivels. I have 16'' on center studs, and need the tv to swing side to side as well as tilt. This is where I become nervous, as the leverage of such a large tv hanging out from the wall 6''-12'' or so, will make it pretty heavy on the mount. What is the best mount for the dollar that meets these criteria? Paul's tv...