or Connect

Posts by Detees

Hi Feed, how you did it is exactly how I had it in mind. Your room looks good btw I noticed you didn't leave all that space between the wall and the frame, maybe one inch?! Is that enough and would two or three inches have more impact or is the difference not as noticeable as one would think, ending in wasted space? And did you have the chance to test your room out? Is it bomb proof?
I thought about that, too. The ceiling would be similar to the walls. Except it's 8" cement + floating screed. The steel joist will have a batten attached to it, from which I will build the double ceiling off. Same concept. Studs across the roof, filled with rock wool and with double drywall on it. I just hope it's not too heavy. Have to check with someone first. Alternatively I could make the wall studs something like 4 by 4 's and set beams, so the double ceiling won't...
I know that and you are totally right Did some testing yesterday, set the volume to 60db at the listening position and went walking around in the house with my SPL meter. I know that's not an accurate measuring method, I was just curious to see how much db I have in the different rooms.The funny thing was, although the SPL meter showed 35db in the room next to it and 25db in the room below, I could still hear the music very clearly. I admit, the sound isolation with a drop...
You think it's too bright? Keep in mind I said in low lamp mode, not high.To me it seems just about right, maybe still a little brighter than it has to be, but accounting for lamp aging it should be good.At first I had it in high lamp mode and after a few days watching I found it to be too bright, so I switched to low lamp mode.But still, I think it should be bright enough for a bigger screen.
Nice. Looking forward to it Someone here who uses the HW50 with a gain 1.0 ~150" screen who can say if it is bright enough? Maybe with some FL measurements?Mine is throwing from 14' on a 120" screen and set to low-lamp I find it still very bright. My next screen will be something in the 140" to 160" width range.I just don't know who big I can go till it gets too dim.
@Dennis: Thank you for your explanation. I get what you are saying, but to soundproof a room to it's maximum is not only impractical, but not necessary, too. The experience that comes with it is certainly nice, I give you that. I don't want to achieve that much reduction from outside noises. As I said, it's a quiet neighborhood and my HT room won't have people running around in the room above it. In fact, there is no room, only a terrace, which won't be used heavily...
The walls will be built with these bricks. Here an image for better understanding in case someone wonders
Yeah, I thought my description of it would be some what confusing. It actually isn't that complicated. Here is a simplistic sketch Ehm.. and yeah... of course the will be doors. Their positions are not final either, so just ignore them I'm not concerned about sounds getting in. The room is quite isolated from the rest of the house and outside noise isn't that loud that it would bother me. We live in a relatively quiet area.In my current HT, which isn't soundproofed at all,...
I did read the site. Among many other articles and postings regarding how to soundproof a room.All which write about the standard stud wall and how to improve it. In my case I have masonry walls and although the same principles of soundproofing apply, there has to be a difference in building it or I would just end up with two different walls next to another.AFAIK spikes do quite the opposite. They couple the speakers to the ground, which in case of transmitting vibrations...
No thoughts? Some opinions would be nice