or Connect

Posts by OilfieldTrash78

I have only tried the PS3 so far...just got everything up and running before I left for work, and now I am offshore for 2 weeks. I plan on buying a blu ray player when I get home, so I will see what that does, and we shall see....I was just seeing if anyone had a similar problem, and it was caused by a setting....
Any idea how I could figure out if that is the problem? and how do I fix it?
I am running all Monoprice redmere cables. 3 ft from PS3 to SC-61, 3 ft from SC-61 to wall plate, 40 ft in wall, and a 3 ft from wall plate to projector. I am thinking maybe it is a setting in the PS3 because on the front panel of the SC-61 it changes from PCM to something else, and back and forth. Once it comes up, the picture is great....
Here is my setup.... PS3 to Pioneer SC-61 to Sony HW30. All HDMI. When the PS3 loads a disc, or quits a game and goes back to the main screen, I get a bunch of flashes, and static for maybe 10 seconds before it goes back to normal. Anyone have any idea what is causing this, and how I can fix it? thanks
Hey there master...I must say that does look quite good. What kind of screen is that? and what did you use to attach it to the cieling? I agree with you that no one will be touching it, so I doubt it would ever move, but will i need to put anything behind it to prevent light from going through it?
I am having the same problem...what did you end up doing here? I have 9' ceiling, and the screen wall is only 6' and then angles up to the 9' . The problem is that if I mount my screen to this wall the way it is, the screen will only be about 12" from the floor, and the projector will be hanging from a 30" pole...not exactly optimal....
I have a Sony HW30 on it's way from AVS....So now it is time to try and figure out my mounting solutions. First off, we will go with the layout of the room. It is approx. 14' x 14'. On the screen wall and the back wall, the walls go up 6', then angle in up to 9'. So, basically I only have a 6' wall to mount my fixed screen( I have not ordered one yet) My throw will be about 12' 6". I entered all of this into the Elite Projector Calculator, and it is telling me that I...
Not sure which one to get. Will be in a mostly light controlled room, used ofr movies and some gaming. Not too interested in 3D. Thanks
This is going to be my first PJ, and I am not 100% sure which one to get. I am hearing pretty good things about the Mitsubishi HC4000, and good things about the Panasonic AE8000. I have read the owner's forums on them both, but wanted some input on the 2. Is it worth the step up in price to go with the Panasonic? Or for a beginner would it be best to start with the Mitsubishi? The room it will be going in will be a dedicated HT, with one window that has blinds, and...
I will have to check them out...thanks