or Connect

Posts by mlundy57

On my F12 I was told to turn the Dynamic EQ off and that helped a lot.Mike
When I was in the market for a new sub last year I was trying to think of everything I could to justify buying a Martin Logan Grotto-i sub, $1,600 and a class above and much more musical and dynamic than the Dynamo line. Then I came across Rythmik and ended up buying the sealed Rythmik F12. For musicality the F12 puts the Grotto-i to shame (which put the Dynamo to shame).My advice, stick with the Rythmik. Or at least do not let it go until after you have had a chance to...
My main HT system is set up in a 4.000 cu ft great room. While the listening area (living room) is concentrated in half the space it is really one open room without any type of special treatments. In this system I have a single F12 and both my wife and I are completely happy with it and it is not being pushed anywhere near it's max.That's a long winded way of saying you would probably be completely happy with one FV15HP or for about the same money you could have two F12's....
As it happens there is an MTMSSS OB version under development. Can't wait to see it. I'm looking at either building a single driver sub for a desktop system in my office or a dual driver version for the smaller upstairs systems and moving the single 10" sub that's in that system into the office. Mike
That thread is mainly about open baffle use since Danny only carries the OB (16 ohm) version of the 8" driver. Rythmik is the only one carrying the driver versions for sealed or ported use. Danny referred me to Brian for questions about use/pricing for a sealed design. That's why I broached the subject on this forum.Mike
Brian,Thanks. I know the one you posted about on Danny's AC forum was a dual driver version. Can a sealed version be built as either a single driver or dual driver sub? Also, do you have box plans for these subs? Also, any idea on prices?Thanks,Mike
Any information on these subs??Mike
This post is piggybacking on a discussion of 8" servo subs on the GR-Research forum on Audio Circle. The discussion revolved around an 8" servo sub under development with GR-Research having 16 ohm versions of the drivers for use in open baffle designs and Rythmik having 4 and 8 ohm versions for use in sealed or ported designs. I am looking to build a small sub for my office desktop system. While I want a sub that will play low, high spl is not necessary since the sub will...
This post is piggybacking on a discussion of 8" servo subs on the GR-Research forum on Audio Circle. The discussion revolved around an 8" servo sub under development with GR-Research having 16 ohm versions of the drivers for use in open baffle designs and Rythmik having 4 and 8 ohm versions for use in sealed or ported designs. I am looking to build a small sub for my office desktop system. While I want a sub that will play low, high spl is not necessary since the sub will...
In the price range you are looking at you owe it to yourself to check out the Rythmik LV12R http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R.html You can find a lot of information about this sub (as well as other Rythmik subs) at the "Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread" here on AVS. I had never heard of Rtyhmik until a year ago while shopping for a new sub. I had been looking at the Def Tech ProSub 800 & 1,000, Klipsch (SW110, 112 & 115) and a Martin Logan Grotto i ($1,800). ...