or Connect

Posts by marcojames

For those interested.... FW 1041 Movie Mode all settings Default 10% - 13.5 dE, 2.3 Gamma 20% - 8.3 dE, 2.32 Gamma 30% - 9.7 dE, 2.34 Gamma 40% - 10.3 dE, 2.35 Gamma 50% - 10.4 dE, 2.35 Gamma 60% - 10.4 dE, 2.35 Gamma 70% - 10.6 dE, 2.36 Gamma 80% - 11.0 dE, 2.36 Gamma 90% - 11.3 dE, 2.32 Gamma 100% - 12.1 dE All Grayscales were off with too much Blue. White - 12.2 dE Red - 1.3 dE Green - 2.6 dE Blue - 4.6 dE Yellow - 1.6 dE Cyan - 6.3 dE Magenta - 3.4 dE FW 1046...
At first blush I thought it was unfortunate that the team couldn't reach a quorum that supported a new thread, but based on all the recent posts and today's discussion perhaps this is exactly the medicine this thread needed. Jestered and 10k, thanks for sharing. Turboman123, thanks for educating.
My vote for the new thread is based on how difficult to navigate this thread has become. Trying to find settings in the 11,000+ posts, which is all I am looking for, is really tough. Search "settings", does it narrow things down much? I have just started researching calibration for this display and it would be exactly what I am looking for to have a calibrations thread. Also, this thread is a bit daunting to newbies who have lurkered for long because of the past...
This might be the wrong place for this post, if so I am sorry. I am wondering if there is a trial version of Calman? I am trying to decide if I can get by with HCFR or if I want to step into Calman or Chromapure or something like that....
Is there a trial version of Chromapure available? I am trying to decide if I want to go HCFR, Calman or Chromapure. Any comments on the relative strengths and weaknesses? What made all you Chromapure users pick it?
spacerpower: new threadops guy: new threadnick-t: new threadmarcojames: new thread
Thanks for the continued input, and sorry if my question was out of line, it wasnt meant that way. How about this article? http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/XriteDisplayCalibrationDevices.pdf This says to me that I should at most be considering a D3 Pro? Maybe add a spectra like the iPro 2 later, that way if I do keep doing this I have both meters and I can use the iPro to update the tables for the colorimeter. I wouldn't see myself ever needing/wanting to spend thousands...
I just don't trust my eyes yet so unerstanding what I need to learn to evaluate is part of this whole thing. The calibrater who doesn't use his PR-670 at low levels uses "other" tools. Did you mean his eyes? Do you mean a colorimeter that has been profiled to the PR-670, his eyes, something else entirely?
Well let's see if i have this right... Big preferences out there for a Spectro over a colorimeter. Mostly due to accuracy and accuracy over time as filters degrade. Spectros available in the consumer realm the iPro 2 and Color Munki (new), possibly a used iPro Rev D as well. The knock on the color munki is using it for TV calibration can be clunky as it wasnt designed for it. The IPro seems to have strong support. Lots or arguments for the iD3 (a colorimter?) in...
Thanks for the time guys, I know it is really basic. Sotti, I have used discs like that before, but I am hoping there is more science to it than "my eyes say this looks right", mainly because I don't trust my judgement. I will take a closer look at all the links provided, thanks. I am guessing the i1 Pro vs Munki preferences discussed above come down to a colorimeter vs spectrometer debate?