or Connect

Posts by mvolps22

I hooked up my PS4 yesterday and noticed my A/V cabinet is getting pretty warm. My cabinet is pretty much sealed in the back but completely open in the front, which is probably not creating great ventilation. It's a custom cabinet that I can easily remove from the wall and install a fan in, my question is should I just buy a USB fan and have it blow on the PS4 or should I install a fan that vents out the hot air through the top? Can someone direct me to the "go to" fan...
I was able to get a great deal on this TV over the weekend and now that I've got it up and running I have a few questions. I'm sure these have already been answered but I was unable to find anything. Remote Control - is it possible to program this remote to control my DirecTV receiver? My Denon receiver? Does anyone know if the Xbox One will be compatible with a universal remote? Vizio Apps - HDMI 1 the ARC is connected to my receiver but I can't get the Youtube app...
Any help?
I hooked up my refurbished AVR-1713 last night and after playing around with pandora and making sure everything was working properly I hooked up my Nexus 7 (Android tablet) to the ipod/usb connection in the front. The receiver said No Connection on the front and wouldn't play the audio from it. Do these receivers support the Android platform for music? I will say I wasn't using the Google Music app but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
I was set on buying a refurbished avr-1713 for ~$280 but with a new E300 on sale for $250 I'm wondering if that's the way to go instead? From what I can tell they are pretty similar with the 1713 providing slightly more power and the E-300 has the new binding posts. Will they accept banana plugs? Can anyone recommend one over the other? Thanks!
I was set on buying a refurbished avr-1713 for ~$280 but with a new E300 on sale for $250 I'm wondering if that's the way to go instead? From what I can tell they are pretty similar with the 1713 providing slightly more power and the E-300 has the new binding posts. Will they accept banana plugs? Can anyone recommend one over the other? Thanks!
Bump
I'm new to in wall and in ceiling speakers, can someone tell me if I have a good start going? I have the 8" two way fronts, 5.25" center and 8" in ceiling rears from Monoprice. 8" sub that will be upgraded to 12". I made a few make shift boxes for the fronts with open tops and bottoms. I stapled insulation to the back, do I need anything on the sides? I do have some leftover carpet padding. It's setup with the component cabinet on the left and a 60" TV to be flush mounted...
I'm new to in wall and in ceiling speakers, can someone tell me if I have a good start going? I have the 8" two way fronts, 5.25" center and 8" in ceiling rears. 8" sub that will be upgraded to 12". I made a few make shift boxes for the fronts with open top and bottom. I stapled insulation to the back, do I need anything on the sides? I do have some leftover carpet padding. It's setup with the component cabinet on the left and a 60" TV to be flush mounted in the center of...
I'm looking for an inexpensive 5.1 receiver for my basement refinish. I'll be installing 80W nominal/160W max in-ceiling speakers. Here are the receivers I'm considering: Denon AVR 1513 $140 Denon AVR 1612 $200 Denon AVR 1613 $235 Onkyo HT-R390 $140 Onkyo HT-RC430 $150 Onkyo TX-NR414 $180 Onkyo HT-RC440 $200 Are the more expensive ones in this list worth the extra money? What are the advantages of a network ready receiver if I have a smart TV? I'm a novice in this...