or Connect

Posts by KA2X

I have a Samsung E350 Sound Bar and a Toshiba TV that does not support ARC. With this setup I realized I can only connect one HDMI device to the Sound Bar.To solve my problem I found that there are HDMI switches that are used to select an HDMI connection to the Sound Bar from 2 or more HDMI devices. These inexpensive switches range from mechanical push-button to IR remote control.And, because I wanted the better HDMI digital audio from my DVD player, I bought a KINVIO...
Re: Harmony remote(s) I've been using a 659 that I purchased in 2006. I use NiMH batteries that last about a month before recharging. I recently upgraded my AV system and the Harmony was a godsend in making it easy for my wife to " fix" problems using the HELP button feature. The only hitch in my System is I am unable to add my Soundbar HW-E350 to my cable remote even though my Harmony did add the Soundbar! P. S. You can read all the gory details of how I set up my...
Looks like I got a bargain on Craigslist @ $100 for a new HW-E350 ...
Unfortunately, my HW-E350 sound bar does NOT have optical input. I'm OK with hearing VCR & basic cable audio via my TV speakers.
Possumgirl & Doctego,I was on the same track to compare the analog & digital sound.And, I finally caved in and set up my HW-E350 Sound Bar with HDMI connections.What a difference compared to the analog set up I was using!(with both the TV and Sound Bar speakers on).The DSP sound from the HDMI setup is 'Head & Shoulders' above the analog setup.And, it certainly doesn't need the TV speakers.SETUPHere's how I am set up:* Physical connections:- HDMI cables - Cable Box HDMI...
Possumgirl, Thanks for the your advice to turn off CEC after connecting the HDMI cables (Cable box HDMI (OUT) to HW-E350 HDMI IN and HW-E350 HDMI OUT to TV HDMI (IN). I tried this and, as expected, only one set of speakers can be used. The HW-E350 remote does allow switching between HW-E350 & TV speaker sets. I did try to program the Harmony to turn on both sets of speakers with no luck. BTW - I also had to set the HW-E350 Audio Sync to 250 ms to sync up...
Re: annoying echo with both sets of speakers on..... I don't hear an echo with both sets of speakers on. Perhaps it's because I 'backed' into this when I gave up on HDMI CEC/ARC and, after the first week, I had grown accustomed to the sound with both sets of speakers on in the analog setup? BTW - I did notice the sound bar controls have a +/- delay adjustment (Audio Sync) which might help minimize any echo? FYI - the HW-E350 sound bar does not have optical (the...
UPDATE - HDMI CEC WORKS ON MY SETUP Thanks to the recent exchanges between Doctego & Bill McNeal on this thread I now understand ARC and CEC are not 'related'. And, I'm writing this update to my earlier post # 520 to let readers know I was successful in getting my Samsung HW-E350 Sound Bar and Toshiba 46L5200U TV to connect using HDMI CEC. The key was following Doctego's directions in his post # 523. Here's what I did: Treated my [only] 'source' as the HDMI output...
Same ARC problem described in post #7 connecting Samsung HW-E350 to Toshiba 46L5200U. Only way I can connect is via analog from 46L5200U output to HW-E350 input. HW-E350 does not have optical input. Samsung & Toshiba Tech Support confirmed HW-E350 will not work via HDMI cable(s) because 46L5200U does not work with ARC on HW-E350. See my later post # 526 for an update on how I succeeded in getting HDMI CEC to work!