or Connect

Posts by onkyoavr

Composite connection is what I am looking for; the red, white, and yellow connectors. Low resolution, but all I need for an old ripped DVD.
Thanks for the hints.... I was thinking something more portable, think something you travel with that does other things. That is why the ipod touch seemed interesting, just carry a few extra chords with your ipod. Lack of USB makes that tough. I guess I could look into a portable wireless hd that an ipod touch could access and then stream? Chance of apple allowing that are slim and none :-) But Ill have to check that also. Guess I want to add the experience of "just...
I am looking for a good portable streaming device to play some mp4's I ripped from workout DVD's I owned on an older tv. The big issue is that I want to plug the device into older TV's with component connections. Right now I use a laptop and a VGA converter, but it seems clunky and cumbersome to keep doing it like this. Especially since there is so many different streaming hardware solutions around. Plus the quality sticks. I was thinking about maybe an ipod touch with...
I just finished ripping all my CDs to Flac. I have a Grom Audio adapter for my OEM stereo and want to now convert the FLACS to mp3's for use on my Iphone 5s. I guess I will create/convert a windows media library and then have itunes grab the music for my iPhone. Just dont know what file type or bitrate to import into the iPhone. I will probably mostly be streaming my iphone to the cars bluetooth adapter or other bluetooth portable speakers. Any ideas on what would be a...
Hi... I have a 46" Samsung LN46C600 and have been playing with an OTA antenna in my attic. I installed a channel master CM 4228 UHF antenna with a Antennas Direct CPA-19 Pre-Amp. If I aim the antenna just right I can get a clear WGBH CH2.1(19). My worse channel ends up being WSBk CH38.1 that comes in with some pixilation during the day. For some reason reception at night is better than the day. The problem is I simply can't get my Samsung to get WCVB CH5.1(20), but if I...
I was looking at the Belkin HD bluetooth receiver. When paired it streams audio via bluetooth to a host of analog and digital outputs. Plan is to use my windows laptop to stream to a onkyo 8050, and also connect a ipod touch occasionally. Was just curious if a bluetooth connection can really benefit from digital output or if standard analog rca outputs is good enough for the sound quality bluetooth transmits?
I have a weird situation where I want to play a workout DVD and play my own music while the DVD is playing. I have a fan going so I need both sources amplified. I figured out I can make this work by playing music through my stereo and running a good amplified external speaker from my TV's aux stereo output. The TV has a 1/8" stereo plug and I would be plugging it into some kind of amplified external speaker (think center channel size). Any suggestions on something that...
Looking for a few Winegard CA8800 combiner/splitters if anyone has some they are no longer using.
Unfortunately I have easy access to an attic, not the roof. I have a..... Antenna Craft Omni Directional I find its a little directional, so as my last shot I ordered a ANTENNACRAFT 70 FM FM6 Im hoping it shows me what I can expect to get, I seem to have a multipath issue with Boston, Providence seems to be my best bet to focus on. Im hoping a yagi style antenna can cut through some of the multipath problems.
No; the idea was to use the CA8800 as a splitter and have the antenna cable cable split into FM (FM Only) and TV (TV and FM). So one goes into an add on Onkyo HD Box, and the other the normal FM antenna jack.the HLSJ would divide into VHF and UHF, so it would only give one side of the combiner the FM signal, I needed two FM signals.They seem to stop making them a year ago, I am always a few years behind :-(