or Connect

Posts by NosferatuMurnau

Preferably less than $150 for both, but I could spend more if it was an absolute necessity.
I'm working on a 5.1 surround sound system, but on a serious budget. I already bought two Sony SS-U511AVs and two Sony SS-U21s at a Goodwill, but it's trickier to find cheap, used center speakers or subwoofers (presumably because 5.1 wasn't around until the advent of DVDs). What should I look for in buying a used center speaker? And since my amp is a Kenwood vr-7070 that allows me to remove the subwoofer from the mix, do I need a subwoofer or could I just compensate...
Thanks for the advice. I'll just stick to S-Video, which definitely provides better quality than composite (I'm surprised that composite hasn't become obsolete yet). I'm just wondering if there's a way I can reduce the "fuzziness" I get when I watch DVDs. I've thought about getting a blu-ray player, but I would still have to use S-Video, so I don't think it would be much better (thanks, HDCP).
I recently got a new projector with VGA, S-Video,and composite inputs. My DVD player only has composite, component, coaxial, and S-Video outputs. Could anyone recommend a good YPbPr to VGA converter (if such things exist)? Is there any way I could upconvert the image quality without HDMI?