or Connect

Posts by Tarheel1400

Hey guys, my little brother has this set and he's been having issues with the tv turning itself off constantly. He says sometimes it won't stay on longer than a few seconds then other times it will stay on longer. His software is up to date, I'm thinking firmware. What are your thoughts?
Ufo, It doesn't look like that in the picture. Im using an Audioquest Chocolate hdmi. I think its 4ft. Its almost like the choppy stuff you'd see with older movies. I need to test with blu ray.
Ok. So I notice more on some movies than others. Does that help with any sort of diagnosis? I'm watching The Patriot right now which was recorded on Directv on EncoreHD. I wonder If It's just an issue with this specific move and channel....
I'm thinking it's signal based (directv's end) but not sure. My directv equipment and signal strength are all good but who knows.
I'm still loving my 55in W900. Best tv I've EVER had. No soap opera effect or anything. I do have a technical question. From time to time while watching Directv I see what's like star sparkles randomly on the screen. The appear in no specific pattern and by the time I see one in the corner of my eye and go to focus on it the white sparkle/light or whatever is gone. That's the movie and not the tv correct? I haven't noticed it with video games and it doesn't seem to do it...
Dobe Dobe, I stole mine as well. Would have liked to get the Panorama 2 but wasn't going to pay the 1600 dollars price difference.
Not a threat. We just agreed after months of tech support visits and emails to engineers that we would give it 3 months before I called back if the issue hadn't been fixed. If the issue isn't fixed this time next month I'm calling back in to open another tech support case. That's the only way to bring attention to the issue.I got tired of doing the back and forth thing with two different case managers and them playing the middle man with Directv engineers. They credited my...
I'm still loving my set. Awesome Awesome tv. I've noticed tiny things here and there but no tv is perfect. I keep telling myself that. If you go to the F8000 forum it's depressing. Lol. The three Best Buys I've been into said Samsung is there #1 returned tv right now. The wobbly stand hasn't bothered me since I stopped pushing on it lol. I thought about measuring to see if it droops on one side but I haven't noticed anything and I feel like I'm just knick-picking at this...
Hey guys I wanted to chime in. I told Directv I would have another case open mid next month if the audio issue hasn't been corrected. As of tonight the issue still exists. I will continue to check in and keep you guys updated once I follow up again with Directv. I have a lengthy case management history with them on this issue and it will accelerate itself once I initiate the call. I told them 3 months and that's what I'm going to give them.
GF and I watched our first DVD on W900 last night. She rarely comments on my new toys and thought that a 55in was too big for my tiny room. She went out of her way to tell me how impressed she was with the tv and how the colors just seemed so deep and realistic. I've noticed no lag, judder or really anything that I don't like about this set. I'm honestly trying to love this tv because I'm tired of looking and frankly no tv at ANY price point is perfect. The W900 is making...