or Connect

Posts by SmoggyTwinkles

I can't seem to get sound when using the BD85's analogue outs to my Yamaha RX-V757 receiver. I haven't used this player with this receiver for about 2 years but I'm certain I was able to listen to BluRays lossless audio with this configuration. Am I setting it up wrong? The cables are properly connected, but there is no audio on any title I try. The Audio section on the BD85 settings I have: Dynamic Range Compression: Off Digital Audio Output: DD/DD+/DTHD:...
anyone have any idea what this sticker on the back of my hx850 might be about? in case it's not readable, the yellow sticker says "Privacy Review Completed: Feb 26,13 Associate ID#JP3R" my set was a floor model, i wonder if it was refurbished or something? looks like it was manufactured october 2012 and inspected in february 2013. unless this sticker is something best buy put on there when they moved the set from their display to their regular sales area? hmmm. the...
Yeah I could see that big plastic thing snagging or simply not fitting through some hole up there. Can it not be removed/opened? The shell casing of the plug bit I mean. Surely it must open somehow? Maybe mess around with that. If you break it then well you've gone and done it anyway and you'll just have to own up to the landlord and might as well strip the wire cover and hook your speakers up What's he gonna do evict you over a speaker wire?
why don't you tie new speaker wire to that one, pull it through from the other end and voila. Then if your landlord wants it reversed, just pull the old one back through the same way.
Oh right, came here to post regarding the known rebooting issue with this TV. I read about it in this thread when I first got the TV, but had only experienced it once or twice within the first few months. But it seems like it's happening pretty often to my set now. I'll turn it on, and maybe 5 minutes later it'll go black and flash the Sony logo and come back as though it had soft-rebooted itself. I'm just wondering how often this happens to other people, whether this...
Hmmm, when I first got my HX850 I played a pinball game on my Xbox 360 and noticed what I was pressing on the controller was happening a split second later enough that it really felt weird. Obviously input lag.Anyway, I switched the HDMI input from 1 or 2 (can't remember) to one on the side and the delay was gone in that game and it's been good since. Pretty weird but it happened. I'd have thought all inputs were equal......Just a suggestion to maybe try that with your Oppo?
No problem thanks for looking. Yeah I just think AVS forums is a really great resource for audio/video enthusiasts and each product I own has a place here to discuss, show, troubleshoot etc. Axiom should be no different IMO. Obviously negative views should be discussed as well, but to a certain reasonable extent where it's not overwhelming the point of the thread in the first place.That center speaker!!!! Looks amazing is that a custom build?Haha! DIdn't realize I had the...
Yeah sorry if I came off a bit strong saying this thread is an awful owners thread. And I guess I should actually contribute something myself, though I'm more the lurker type on forums. I just think it's a shame that an ownersthread is allowed to be muddled up with the same negative thing over and over. Axiom used to be talked about quite positively and perhaps they're not the best in their class or price range anymore (if they ever were) but an owners thread should be for...
As a long time Axiom owner I gotta say: What an awful owners thread this is. Non-stop bickering back and forth between a select few overly-zealous one way or the other for hundreds of posts. Wish this thread was more about actual Axiom owners sharing helpful information like speaker placement, component settings, room treatments and just sharing photos and experiences with their beloved systems and even displeasures they have with their Axiom as owners of Axiom products...
So much for Gorilla Glass I was wiping off smudges from my HX850 which I have to do every few days thanks to my curious cat who seems fascinated with the new big TV, and noticed a crazy amount of hairline scratches running vertically down one side of the screen where I've seen him pawing at the screen a few times. The Gorilla Glass was a big selling point for me because I have a Samsung GSII phone with it and after 2 years I have not one single scratch on the screen, so...