or Connect

Posts by Badsantakq

How about properly calibrating each of the different sources connected? I have recently invested in the Disney's World of Wonder calibration disc (2 disc set) and have a follow up question. I have been able to successfully verify that my Samsung Plasma PN60E6500 tv is calibrated and good to go as far as my PS3 input is concerned (I inserted the Disney WOW calibration disc in my PS3 to play and have hence calibrated my HDMI1 input for the PS3). Now what? How can I go...
Dabsac, Thanks for the reply, Ok.. so in that case, RealBlackPro is always on by default then? Why do the blacks levels and shadow details "appear" more detailed when I switch this "Black Tone" from Off to Dark, Darker, Darkest?
Morning all, I have recently purchased a Samsung PN60E6500 plasma (Canadian model, 2012) and have a question about RealBlackPro on this panel. I have looked at calibrated settings for optimal picture quality on my panel as posted by various professional reviewers. Under all reviews I've found, I've noticed that the "Black Tone" option is generally recommended turned "OFF". I was wondering, isn't this "Black Tone" the menu option to turn on/off the RealBlackPro...
Hey Sammy,Ok... I have clipped the entire details report under the Text mode (omitting info related to Subs):This is the one that would begin playback, but the STOP button on the remote is completely unresponsive. FF, RW, PAUSE all work though. Also, when the movie finishes, the tv shuts itself off , then powers back on again?Format : MatroskaFormat version : Version 4 / Version 2File size ...
Goo, Thanks for that mate. Just curious.. so it sounds like CBR is generally a higher bitrate stream to process than VBR? Is this the case across the board? And also, in your experience, would most full length movie files be encoded in CBR or is VBR more common? You mentioned bitrate may be an issue. It's funny though, cuz I have attempted to play OTHER files in the exact same bitrate range (~12-14Mbps), file size ~12-15GB, 1080p, etc and these have worked fine! ...
Will do tonite.. back w report tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far!
Update - my PN60E6500 supports:AudioDolby® Digital Plus / Dolby® PulseSRS TheaterSound HD™Dts 2.0 + Digital Out available10 W x 2 Sound Output (RMS)Down Firing + Full RangeAuto Volume Leveler available
Sammy,Thanks for getting back to me.Yes, the TV is DTS core certified (not sure if it supports other DTS extensions natively - don't remember other DTS designations). The Surround Sound (Pioneer) I use with it also decodes DTS core (older system around 2004).Would the TV itself decode the DTS standard or would the Pioneer surround? Again, a USB stick with the movie is inserted in the TV's USB.
RE: Samsung Plasma PN60E6500 Great thread guys! I have just purchased a Samsung 2012 Plasma. So far (one month owning the rig) I've tested numerous MKV formatted movie files of various bitrates, FPS - all 1080p though. By and far, every movie I've attempted to play on the Samsung TV (PN60E6500 btw) has played flawlessly. All but 2 files. I've researched and thus far am unable to explain my video playback issues with these 2 files. Both of these "problem" files...
RE: Samsung Plasma PN60E6500 Great thread guys! I have just purchased a MAGNIFICENT Samsung 2012 Plasma- LOVE it! So far (one month owning the rig) I've tested numerous MKV formatted movie files of various bitrates, FPS - all 1080p though. By and far, every movie I've attempted to play on the Samsung TV (PN60E6500 btw) has played flawlessly. All but 2 files. I've researched and thus far am unable to explain my video playback issues with these 2 files. Both of...