or Connect

Posts by gogreen1975

So where did you find a 50" ps64? I have been waiting for the 50" to become available for a long time. Still don't see it anywhere.
I had a Panasonic 42 inch plasma (EDTV, 480p) from 2004 or 2005. Still have it...It looks great. I decided to get a slightly larger size screen with similar outside dimensions. I decided to get a LED/LCD LG 47LM6400 (thin bezel TV). Outside dimensions are slightly smaller than my old 42 inch plasma, but of course the picture is larger. I've been frustrated with the picture quality of this LED TV. I really like the bigger size, and the wifi feature is nice for sharing...
Wonder when I'll be able to buy the 50" s64? Cnet's review of the s60 was so positive besides lacking some features and inputs. The Primary PQ Issue was due to the lack of the ar filter. Sounds like the S64 will be the best bang for the buck easily! Too bad I don't know where or when or how much it will cost. Although, I'm assuming it will cost about the same as the s60 and be sold at Sam's club like the bigger 65".
Well I'm coming down to the last day or two to return this TV. I had the LG techs replace the panel due to the flashlighting/light bleed in the upper corners. The new panel is improved, but I can still see a slight line of light bleed across the top and it's a little heavier in the upper left corner. This is really only visible when the room is mostly dark(usually night only) and during dark movie scenes. I just don't understand why this is normal for LED TVs, or why...
My previous TV was an eight year old Panasonic Plasma 42 inch, and this LED isn't quite as nice. Yes it has more features, but the PQ seems worse to me. I've got another week in my return policy...I might return it for a 50 inch Panasonic plasma. I think the new TC-P50S60 is only $699 at sears.
waylo88...good luck with plasma purchase. I would have bought plasma from the beginning if they made plasma in a 46 or 47 inch size. I knew plasma was all together superior to Led lcd tvs. Why are there so many LED tvs on the market when plasma is a better technology??? Does anyone actually care that they save $30/year in electricity because their LED is more energy efficient? This is the only clear advantage LED has over plasma. I guess thinner bezels are better...
I just got my TV back from the LG authorized service rep. in my area. They replaced the panel assembly...which he claims is essentially the whole TV. I do not see any light bleeding to speak of. Maybe a very slight thin light bleed spread evenly across the top, but actually could be a reflection off the glossy black border frame from the tiny bit of light that I couldn't get rid of in my room (middle of the day). I'll be able to check it better tonight when it's dark,...
I just got a LG 47LM6400 from samsclub.com/auctions. I have flashlighting or LED light bleeding in the top two corners and a little along the top edge of the screen. It's really only an issue when the lights are off at night and watching a letterbar movie and/or dark scenes of movies. It still bothered me, so I filed a claim with LG. The service guy came to my house and could barely notice it. He claims he's never seen it before. Anyway, he took the TV back to his...