or Connect

Posts by waca

Same here.I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 hooked up to my receiver with an HDMI cable and I have proper 5.1 audio in games (and as far as I know the receiver gets a PCM signal). I haven't installed anything special apart from AMD's official GPU drivers. Just make sure you configure the Windows sound settings in the control panel properly.
I haven't got around to calling tech support yet because of my chronic procrastination, but I've found out something rather odd about my audio problem. I only seem to lose the audio signal when I'm not running a fullscreen application! The other day I was running a fullscreen game and didn't have any audio probems. At some point I pressed Alt+Enter to make said game go into windowed mode, and the audio problem occurred. When I went back into fullscreen mode, everything...
All right, I'll try to call tech support sometime. And by "sometime", I don't mean "never", just not right now
Just a small heads-up: using another HDMI port did not solve all problems. Now I sometimes experience intermittent audio cuts, which seems to be the exact same problem discussed here. The video signal is fine, so it's pretty much the opposite of the problem I used to have before switching HDMI ports. I haven't figured out what triggers those audio cuts, but I might have found a way to alleviate the problem. I'm posting it here since it might be useful to other people...
Well, it looks like I don't need to test anything anymore. Connecting Cable 1 to another HDMI port on the receiver seemed to do the trick. Thanks again Joe Fernand and alk3997 for your help!
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about testing other devices hooked up to the receiver?Anyway, I've tried hooking up the PC directly to the TV with the 5-meter Cable 2 without involving the receiver, as Joe Fernand suggested. I changed the resolution from 1080p to 720p and reverted the change a few times to increase the chance of black flashes occurring. Then I used the PC for several hours (at 1080p), and the problem didn't appear.Another simple...
Thanks for your answer. I've added more details in my first post (+ some extra info I had forgotten to mention).
Hello everyone, my HTPC is hooked up to a Yamaha RX-V471 AV receiver with an HDMI cable (I'll call it "Cable 1"), and the receiver is in turn hooked up to a Sony Brava LCD TV with another HDMI cable ("Cable 2"). Sometimes the screen intermittently goes black for a fraction of second, which is not unlike this problem discussed in another thread. I'll quote the OP from said thread to describe my problem: Black out is only momentary. Picture comes back quickly. When this...