or Connect

Posts by LennartzHT

Hello, I am creating a home theater room that consists of the following: InWall Silver/6 LCR InWall Silver/6 LCR InWall Silver/6 LCR InWall Silver/4 Surround InWall Silver/4 Surround In Ceilinng Silver/8 Omni SE In Ceilinng Silver/8 Omni SE InWall Bronze/4 SlimSub My dilemma surrounds my room treatments. I am going to be using GG and double 5/8" drywall. In addition, I will be using whisper clips on both walls and ceilings. How do I install my system with all these...
BroncoSport, Thanks for the information. Is there an easy what to move the thread to the proper area? Matthew
 Team, First off, happy holidays. As many of you know, I am finishing my basement which includes my very first home theater system. Since I have a blank slate to work with (no construction), I want to take every step necessary acoustically and from a soundproofing perspective. Below is my list. Please feel free to add to it or question certain items. 1. Green glue between 2 5/8" drywall sheets. This treatment will be used in the entire lower level on all walls and...
Team, Happy holidays! My home 20' x 21' theater floor plan opens to a 18' x 19' billiards area. I am trying to do as much as possible to soundproof the area. First, and foremost, I have decided to blanket the entire home theater wall and ceilings with double 5/8" drywall and green glue. In addition, I am looking into a number of acoustical treatment options via pros living in my area. My question is this: if I double up on the drywall, how does that affect the...
Happy Holidays! I require your opinion on another topic: front speaker placement. It seems like everyone, including Dolby and THX, has an opinion on 7.2 speaker placement. In a nutshell, how far should I place the FR & FL from the television (in this case an 80" LED)? Then, where should the subwoofers be placed in relation to the FR/FL speakers? I will be sitting approximately 10' - 13' from the screen. This number is flexible as the home theater is part of an open...
Ola my friends, Happy holidays. I am, as many of you know by now due to the frequency of my postings, finishing my basement which will include my very first home theater (hooray!). While perusing the internet, I have come across several HT enhancement products for everything from acoustics to soundproofing. One, I am sure you are familiar with, is green glue. My question is this: what products and considerations should I make regarding soundproofing, leaks, acoustics...
Hello one and all, I have a simple question with, what I hope, has a simple answer. For the money, is the Oppo BDP - 103 the best buy among the herd of BDs out there? Also, is the Oppo - BDP - 103D worth the extra hundred dollars? With sincere gratitude, appreciation and proactive thanks, LennartzHT
All, I am constructing an all in-wall/ceiling 7.2 home theater. Today, I cam across Triad's InWall Silver/15 Sub. I would be purchasing two of these of course. My question is this: Do I have to use their amplifier to power the subs or can I rely on my Harmon Kardon 3700 7.2 receiver? Thanks, Matthew
Greetings, I am building my first home theater and have looked into two products from Dynamat: "En - Wall" and "Dynabox". Do these products really improve the sound or dispersion of the speakers? I will have 2 in-wall FR/FL, in-wall center and four in-ceiling speakers which are a combination of reference and MC series RBH speakers. Also, how much can I expect to spend on this SCHTUFF? Thanks for your help all and happy holidays! Read more:...
The RBH SI-760 and in-wall subwoofers probably by RBH. I cannot spend a ton of money on the subs as I am reaching my budget limit!