or Connect

Posts by Salloom

Try to lower the resolution of the projector to 1080p. Turn off upscaling to 4K your projector is 4K. It also can upscale HD 1080p to UHD 3960 (4K). 3D splits the image between left and right eyes. thats why when watching 3D res is decreased by one half. so the player and the disc 3D are made for 1080p. my guess that your projector beams 4K. when watching 3D the resolution is halfed from 4K to 2K which is twice the expected res of 3D. my assumption is based on theory....
For the LED bulbs: I just want to add that there are types of LED bulbs (that can fit into spot light housing) some LED bulbs act as halogen where they diffuse light all over the room (these bulbs usually have white or milky plastic or glass do diffuse LED light uniformly across the room. Other types of LED bulbs (the one that i am using) have a clear lens concaved to focus the light on one spot (that’s also what they use in movie theaters or museums. Each type has plus...
your argument is not valid as your conclusions from what I said. "Why have a home theater while you can watch movies on a PC?" Because the experience is better in a home theater. I don't care for 3D when choosing hardware. My next projector will be a JVC RS series. And not because it of its now native support for 4K. As the Sony is much better with native 4K. I want a JVC because of the shadows and because it upscales HD to 4K nicely. 3D is not JVC's strongest point....
before doing all this flip and flaping for 3D, you have to ask your self, is 3D that important to you. personally, i dislike 3D. i find my self focusing on the "extra dimension" that i get distracted away from the story. To me resolution and brightess are more than the extra dimension. And you you have to sacrifice both when watching a movie in 3D. Besides, when watching a movie in 3D. 3D is always never convencing; my brain refuses to believe its real or like i feel i...
Adanny You are right, I take what I said back. If you spend that much money and went through the trouble, you should be happy with your screen with no visible texture. I looked closely at my screen and did not see texture. By the way: they have different generations of the BD screens (G2 and G3). Which one is yours? You can find out from the model number. Maybe calibration would do the trick. I have a lumagen mini with the C6 meter and use calman5. Lumagen has a nice...
Do you mind posting a photo of the texture you are seeing? Because the screen is expensive to replace, i would suggest trouble shooting other components (blue ray player, maybe change the blue ray disk, and change the setting on the Sony to reduce the problem. Here is a link that shows the new Sony 4K projector and also JVC with the BD zero edge, with no visible texture (doubt that SI manipulated the image digitally to hide the texture in the video). In the Sony video, you...
i have BD zero edge 1.4 and see no texture at all. i advise you to slide you hands on the screen. you will feel no texture just flat surface.in my opinion, because your projector is old, you are seeing the screen-door effect (small squares like you looking thru a screen door).newer projector greatly reduced this problem (even greater for LCOS type projectors like Sony and JVC). And even greater for 4K projectors like the Sony you intend to buy.
PM sent
BEFORE I:BEFORE II:AFTER IAFTER II
I suggest to get the 2.7 gain. I do have 1.4 in home theater room (matt black ceiling and dark wall) and find the picture to be dim when i turn the spot lights on (using a Panasonic AET8000 projector). I do not think you will losing much on shadow detail, especially with the JVC reference projector. On the other hand JVC projectors are known for being little dimmer so the 2.7 gain would compensate. I would stick with 100 inch instead of the 110, going up in size does not...