or Connect

Posts by Point and Click

Voila! As if by magic, HSN appeared at 33.6 (ION Territory) a few days ago. 33.4 SHOP, on the other hand, is an oddity. It is a G-Rated 24/7 infomercial that requires me to enter a parental privacy code to tune in. I've never used the security code feature on my SONY HD flatscreen until now. Weird!
Prior to D-Day, June 12, 2009 (the last day of analog broadcasting), I had redeemed my allotment of 2-per-household FCC subsidized $40 coupons and got 2 digital converter boxes for about $10 each. Naturally, the required digital antennas to go with the converter boxes were not subsidized. I bought RCA brand indoor flat antennas.Within a 50 mile radius of Seattle, I get KING, KIRO, KOMO, KSTW, KCPQ, KZJO, KBTC and KCTS along with a handful of others. The antennas are...
Tacoma AreaI rescanned early this morning, Thursday, November 7, 2013 and here is my new gang of four free digital channels. With apologies to FDR, this is a day that will live in infamy!18.1 xfinity promotional18.2 WWIII (Emergency Alert System Channel)33.13 WWIII118.1405 mexfinity promotionalWhat a country!In fairness, Ma Bell does deserve to get paid for her services. The free ride was fun while it lasted and I'm content with OTA for now. Sayonara, Discovery Channel...
pastiche,Thanks for the links. I thought that there probably was a separate Seattle OTA discussion somewhere but hadn't bothered to look. I tried 24.1 just now and got the old familiar NO SIGNAL message.I'm tempted to get Xfinity's cable/internet/phone bundle (when I have an extra $100 lying around) but I've always enjoyed getting free stuff even if it requires a lot of time and effort with limited rewards. -- P&COOPS! I just noticed that I've been typing OTR...
In response to my own post about QVC at 33.5, HSN Over the Air is supposedly right next door at 33.6 but I get nothing as in NO SIGNAL.
QVC Over the Air They actually call it that and I am surprised that HSN and SHOPHQ (formerly Shop NBC) don't follow suit. I receive QVC OTA via digital antenna at 33.5 (part of the ION "family" of programs). I like to watch the sales pitches for kitchen gadgets and the latest electronic toys. It's better on cable in HD but handy to get it over-the-air sometimes too. Off topic, KCTS 9 (PBS Seattle) should consider boosting the power of their OTA signal as they have...
They actually call it that and I am surprised that HSN and SHOPHQ (formerly Shop NBC) don't follow suit. I receive QVC OTR via digital antenna at 33.5 (part of the ION "family" of programs). I like to watch the sales pitches for kitchen gadgets and the latest electronic toys. It's better on cable in HD but handy to get it over-the-air sometimes too. Off topic, KCTS 9 (PBS Seattle) should consider boosting the power of their OTR signal as they have fans beyond downtown...
Update: AUDIO PROBLEM SOLVED! I took another look at the original small remote that came with the analog/digital converter box and noticed a tiny button at the lower left labeled AUDIO which did the trick. I've been using a universal remote and had neglected to transfer that particular button. You can also pause a broadcast in real time and I did have that STILL button switched over already to the larger remote. It's handy for stopping closing credits that roll by too...
Within the last couple of weeks in 9840- (Tacoma) Comcast: 3.1 C-SPAN HD 15.1 KZJO "Joe" HD (still at 22.1 also) 15.2 KING5 HD (still at 5.1 too) 15.3 KING SD "LWN Live Well Network" (same as 5.2) 15.4 Antenna TV (also 22.3) 15.5 "signal cannot be decoded" is the only one of the 15.X series that actually appears on my Label Channels and Show/Hide Channels Menu list. In other words, 15.1, 15.2, 15.3, & 15.4 are all redundant ghost channels that can't even be added to my...
I rescanned and got back both KOMO HD and KING HD on 4.1 and 5.1 along with an unexpected bonus HD channel 3.1 C-SPAN. A couple of days later Discovery HD 74.1 and ShopNBC HD 71.1 (oddly in 4:3 aspect ratio pillar-boxed) seem to be permanent fixtures.OTA KSTW HD 11.1 and KCTS HD 9.1 usually come in OK via antenna but are sometimes very weak and pixilated.I have to give KTBW in Federal Way a pat on the back or on the head for splitting their alotment of bandwidth into at...