or Connect

Posts by 440michael

Chunon......Thanks for your comment. headlesschicken.Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I will certainaly ditch the standard mode and adjust from there. This could very well be my entire problem. Thanks again....Mike
Chunon......Thanks for your comment. headlesschicken.Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I will certainaly ditch the standard mode and adjust from there. This could very well be my entire problem. Thanks again....Mike
First off thanks very much for answering. Yes, I'm using the standard mode but I have tried others. The default factory setting drives some of the settings to to very upper range. I have for the most part adjusted mine to about the middle but slightly on the lower side. I don't have any options turned on that adjust the picture. I have expermented with all source material. Older and very new. Same environment occurs. If it seems like I'm looking for people that might have...
I'm afraid I don't understand your answer. Am I doing something wrong by asking these questions? Am I out of place here by doing so? I mean is your answer, "It's supposed to look that bad" for real?I wasn't trying to cause any problems just get some advice from people who know alot more than I do.
To recap......I've had my VT for about 2 months. Problems I'm having, flickering/brightnees during sporting events especially hockey games when action on rink. Second and much worse. Any time scene revolves around dark or very dimly lit scenes picture at any given time grains out in the dark areas. A lot of you know a lot more about calibrating than I do. Do any of my problems sound like they could be corrected with this? Here's an example. Yesterday watched the latest Die...
Besides the flickering/brightness problems I noticed it took me about three weeks to determine that there were these inconsistancies. I started working with Panasonic help over this and that took about two more weeks. It was then the grained out look in dark environments looked to be a problem. So now I'm over my 30 day return window and the store manager that I talked to was now promoting me to the customer "bitch". I never ranted, raised my voice, yelled or ever got out...
With problems I've had, especially the flickering/brightness during sporting events, I've used the custom area and dialed mine in. It calms it down but does not eliminate it. I have yet to find a fix for the grainy/fuzzed out screen door look that can appear during dark or dimly lit scenes. That is a major picture quality problem and has ruined my tatse for the money I've spent on this set. Because this is a new model I'm hoping more people will either experience the same...
Ok Lemony...thanks for the info regarding your set. You will notice that this grainy look will appear in any darker environment. It took me a couple of weeks to determine under various darker conditions that I wasn't seeing things. And I haven't found any adjustments that rid this. You may see this on a small portion of the screen or across the entire picture. It seems to depend on the level of darkness that might be across the screne. And the back ground has a lot to do...
My settings. For the most part I'm on standard and adjusted below the half way points. I can calm down the flickering by using the custom setting and detailing settings to what looks better.As far as anything else. ANY settings that could alter the picture have been tried on and off. There is so far nothing I have been able to do that eliminates this grainy screen door look over darker environments. A lot of people are just getting their TV. When I got mine a couple of...
I am quite aware of the strobe flashing lights at these events. What's happening is not that! Seeing the strobe flashing is not supposed to make the TV constantly adjust the brightness. And it's obvious when you see the picture get much brighter then fade, then 8 seconds later it does the same again. In fact it's a continuous pattern when there's action on the rink for the entire game. As a matter of fact it does this no matter what channel a game might be on. I've turned...