or Connect

Posts by powerlifter405

I have two Infinity Kappa 10's. I had the in my truck but I'm going a different route there. Can I make an el-cheapo sub setup for the house w/ these??? I already have them, hence the desire to use them vs buying something else. Thanks, send ideas if you gottem!
Ok, just wanted to verify.Thanks
Are these ported or sealed?
No doubt, it was cheaper than many of the so called popular name brands. It was cheaper than the Marantz 5007 which I was eyeing but was more than I wanted to spend. At 70+lbs it is obvious there is some solid materials in the SR-120. I'd take it apart to look but I'm chicken-sh$t and I'd likely break something. The $ was just too good to pass up. The clarity between the SR-120, the 2113CI and my temp Sony was night and day. One thing that stood out immediately is...
My wife could barely carry it into the house! At similar claimed specs to the 2113 it replaced, it weighs almost 4 times as much. Let me first say, the sound quality at "normal" listening is improved IMHO over the 2113. The clarity was the first thing the wife noticed. The 2113 did sound nice but as I started to turn up the volume clarity started to get lost in almost anything except classical. When the 2113 was working and I was using it, it got played at half to...
My 2113 had several episodes of random shut offs. I did the micro-processor reset numerous times and I called Denon tech support each time and even w/ their help the problem was never solved. I did get a refund and I will say Denon tech was professional and did what they could to walk me through their tech steps in an attempt to solve the problem. If you're still having issues, give Denon a call.
Just about everything is built in china so that doesn't scare me as long it is built to spec. I've read a lot of positive about the Cambridge and NAD so I hope this one fills the bill.
SR-120 ordred. The 5007 shows 10% THD at 6 ohms. Couldn't beat the price or the 4ohm specs on the SR-120, $50 bucks cheaper and 5 year warranty NIB.
SR-120 ordred. The 5007 shows 10% THD at 6 ohms. Couldn't beat the price or the 4ohm specs on the SR-120, $50 bucks cheaper and 5 year warranty NIB.
Ok good to know. I was staying away from Onkyo cause of several threads concerning failures.Sherbourn has the Sr-120 on sale for http://www.sherbourn.com/products/sr-120-home-theater-receiver and the SR-8100. How do those compare quality wise to the SR5007? I see they lack ethernet connectivity but I can stream on my laptop if I went that route.