or Connect

Posts by KBeutler

Thanks, ThinkRationally. I set the crossover to 80 and flipped them to small. Next I really need to get this sub booming though maybe my room just won't allow it. It is 15 feet by 16 feet with a 4 foot open entry on the right side. Ceiling is 9'.
I'm currently trying to configure my setup using YPAO. I have 3 Definitive Technology (http://www.definitivetech.com/products/uiw-rls-iii) for my LCR. I also have 2 Definitive Technology speakers for surround left and right (UIW RSS III). The subwoofer is a Hsu Research VTF2-MK4. When I run YPAO it sets my fronts to large, surrounds to small and the sub to -6db. The DT page days my crossover should be 60hz and set to small on AVR. Should I set fronts to small and 80hz as...
My Jamestown 130" AT 16:9 screen finally arrived this Wednesday.  I ordered on 1/13/2014 so it took about a month - just a tad over his expected shipping date of 13-17 business days.  The issue was that the ice storm that rolled through the south delaying the aluminum he needed for the frame support.  I kept in touch with James almost twice a week and got regular updates so my experience went well.   The directions were aimed more towards a non-AT screen and I'm not very...
Carpet took two days to install.  We went with Shaw's See the World III line of carpet to give us a little extra padding under our feet and to hopefully give an additional layer of warmth throughout.   Carpet - Shaw See the World III (color 108) View into the theater, with the projector hanging now, from the wet bar.   My HDMI cables from monoprice come in today so no more long, hanging HDMI cables will be seen from the ceiling and the rest of the cables I've stolen...
Below is a closeup of the electrical panel area that I'm currently trying to find ideas to either have it look nicer or completely cover it up.  The easiest thing at this point would be to unhook everything - except the electrical panel - and sheetrock around it and then place it all back on the wall.  This closet is only going to be used for storage for blurays, DVDs, AV equipment, etc. so it doesn't have to be perfect. Right now things seem to be in order, but I'm open...
2/6/14 - Carpet will be completed today and I've brought my AV components downstairs to be hooked up.  I'll add some pictures of the install later.   What's left The upper cabinets are being returned and re-delivered due to some runs in the stain.  It was barely noticeable, but my contractor pointed it out and the manufacturer did good by fixing the issue.  The countertops will be in within the week.     I'm also waiting on my AT 130" screen by Jamestown Home Theater...
The trim and casing was delivered one day after the paint dried and having the electrician put in all the lighting.  The next step is to install the trim, casing, doors, cabinets and tile the areas we selected.  It turned into an entirely different living area in less than 10 days - what a difference!   We ended up adding more tiled areas that originally thought: bathroom, in front of the patio doors and in the wet bar room.  The trim and casing was special ordered to...
Sheetrocking quickly wrapped up and we were told to be prepared to select paint colors - we were not.  I should've delayed the project a few days to really nail down our colors.  We went with Sherwin Williams Nomadic Desert for the main living areas and Sherwin Williams Rookwood Jade (green) for the theater.  I absolutely hate the theater color so that'll be repainted.     During this time of paint selection we were also choosing colors for tile, counter tops, and...
Sheetrock, mudding and taping took about a week and a half.  I didn't plan very well since I had yet to purchase my left and right surround speakers (Definitive Technology RSS-III), but going to their website gave me the dimensions needed to create a cutout template.   Sheetrock is here!  Time to start the next part of the project.     Theater room view showing the in-wall speakers and finished entry and soffit.  The front speakers are the Definitive Technology...
See all that nice insulation you see in the pictures above?  Well, we decided to remove all of that and re-insulate with a polyurethane foam.  I was going back and forth between insulating the ceiling of the theater room to further dampen any sound that could travel up, but ended up not doing that.  I wasn't going to be going crazy with the audio equipment and all bedrooms (except the master) are 2 levels above anyways.   I'm not very handy, but doing the insulation...