or Connect

Posts by cliffg

I haven't verified this at all, but I have the impression that this coming Sunday's episode, listed as the season finale in the PBS guide, is the Christmas special as broadcast in the UK. Last Sunday's episode just felt like a season ender, and this coming episode is chronologically quite later (the next year in the summer, if I'm remembering it right). Cliff
The latest episode was somewhat scattered and all over the board (to me), which is how I think the overall story arc and season has become. But it sure had some great elements - Papa Legba, Fiona having no soul (I just laughed when he said "no deal", and the reason why), Stevie Nicks, etc. My wife and I are still completely in - there have just been so many good aspects and performances and surprises that we'll see it to the end of the season, even if the storyline is not...
Yup, and this is not the first time this was mentioned (maybe in last season's Talking Dead?).It makes sense to use a meandering crowd of walkers outside of the outer fence as both defense against hostile humans as well as general camouflage.But of course that assumes the "meandering crowd" doesn't become a threat, as they obviously have.Cliff (who's trying to think of something witty to add to the "menage trois" discussion .. but am drawing a blank ... which at least is...
There's still a group of people, maybe not huge, but not insignificant, that enjoy the series. Despite the "TV isms", there is still quite a bit that is original and different about this series. How many more police procedurals do we need, no matter how well done? Besides the characters that I enjoy on this series (the Swede!), how many TV series have featured the transcontinental railroad race, Mormon communities and militia, and post-civil war labor groups like this one?...
There was lots to like with the initial episode of AHS: Coven, I (and my wife - the 13 yo is definitely not going to be watching with us) thought: Witches, witch hierarchies (I assume lots of "modern vs classic" or "young vs old" conflicts), telekinesis, "death by sex" (the psychological aspect of that can definitely be mined), powers of immortality (maybe?), voodoo, zombies (maybe? or something like a Frankenstein monster?), and will there be lots of "bitch ... err girl...
To be clear, while the finale didn't blow me away, I definitely enjoyed it. It turned out different than I expected (and many times, that's a good thing). This has been a season that has kept my interest in the show, and definitely it will stay in the DVR season series list. I liked seeing the focus back on the railroad building aspect, something that was so pivotal in US history and that hasn't been covered much in TV land. The new characters from this season are just as...
I did love the shooting of the tuba player. The season finale was surprising to me without the big, expected "to the death" battle between Bohannan and the Swede (but he's really Norwegian!). And I was a bit surprised to see Common, err Elam die in a "to the death" battle with a grizzly. Although they didn't show much of that battle. The ending reminded me a bit (teeny bit, not too much) of the ending of the Shield. Bohannan doesn't go out in a blaze of glory, but is...
We (wife and I) bowed out early last season for a couple of reasons, but are definitely looking foward to the new season. The first season was a well-done ghost story (among other themes), so it will be interesting to see a new take on witches (and warlocks?). Cliff
Although I was a bit underwhelmed by the season 2 opener, I (and the whole family) really enjoyed the first season and will watch all of season 2. There are many good things going for this series (as well as some weaknesses), but to mention one it's nice to see a series that's actually filmed somewhere other than LA or New York (yeah, we also watch Grimm and it's fun to recognize many of the Portland locations in the series and yeah, Justified is set in Kentucky but still...
I wouldn't want to work as a LV CSI (don't know about the other CSI's - didn't watch them). Almost every major character has been kidnapped (or had a family member kidnapped) or been taken hostage or has been shot or stabbed or buried under a car with flood water coming or ... I think I'd avoid working someplace with that much on-the-job danger. Cliff