or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic PX80 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic PX80 Owners Thread - Page 193

post #5761 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydas View Post

Thanks so much! I'm currently using 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI® Cable w/Ferrite Cores from monoprice..i'll give your suggestion a try

Well, the thicker cable did not work...saw in another post that the HDMI® Active Equalizer Extender Repeater would fix this and it did!

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
post #5762 of 5782
Yeah, I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Luckily my g25 does not suffer from that problem. The px80 is in the basement with no PC attached!
post #5763 of 5782
I am curious if anyone knows if there is a option to reset the PX80 without a password for the reset option on the menu. For whatever odd reason the one I know I have set does not work and all of the dozens I have tried fail so I am at a loss. And I know for about 99.999% certain the passwords I have or would have used are not guessable by anyone in the house.

Need to reset because for some odd reason my OTA channel programming is being a bit flakey. Old channels are sticking even after supposedly resetting and scanning the list again. And some channels in particular if I mark them 'No' in the list and hit apply, they reset to Yes and end up back in the channel surfing list. Unfortunately these are channels at my old house which are far from reachable here.
post #5764 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchat20 View Post

I am curious if anyone knows if there is a option to reset the PX80 without a password for the reset option on the menu.

According to a PX80 service manual:

Quote:


Self-check indication and forced to factory shipment setting:

Produce TV reception screen, and while pressing [VOLUME ( - )] button on the main unit, press [MENU] button on the remote control for more than 3 seconds.

Disconnect the AC cord from wall outlet.
post #5765 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil View Post

According to a PX80 service manual:

Lots of thanks on that one. Worked a treat!

Side note: While resetting I checked the hours and just recently broke the 10K mark. Nice milestone.
post #5766 of 5782
So another thing if anyone still has their PX80's: I seem to have lost my remote and would like to locate an original replacement. Any idea what the model # of the remote is? I can't seem to find any references online.

We're planning to cut the cord soon here and would fall back to using the TV directly for OTA reception so having the factory remote would be very useful.
post #5767 of 5782
post #5768 of 5782
The number imprinted on the back of my 50PX80 remote is:

N2QAYB000221

I'm still using the 50PX80. Still a good performer, although black levels might have gone up a bit. I use a backlight behind the set which helps.
post #5769 of 5782
Thanks! I've been trying to search by 'px80' this whole time and coming up empty. Having the actual model # for the remote helps much more. smile.gif

I'm still rocking my 42" and will probably continue to do so until the set fails in a way that is too costly to repair. The resolution could be better but I am still highly pleased. The color reproduction and blacklevels are easily comparable to modern sets.
post #5770 of 5782
That remote doesn't look the same as the one I got to my 42PX80.

My code is N2QAYB000239

/Söder
post #5771 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by soder View Post

That remote doesn't look the same as the one I got to my 42PX80.

My code is N2QAYB000239

/Söder

It looks exactly like the one sitting right over there {pointing} that I got with my 42PX80u - even picked it up and looked at it to make sure... cause I usually use my Harmony.... tongue.gif
post #5772 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor View Post

It looks exactly like the one sitting right over there {pointing} that I got with my 42PX80u - even picked it up and looked at it to make sure... cause I usually use my Harmony.... tongue.gif


This is how my looks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-PANASONIC-N2QAYB000239-REMOTE-CONTROL-/130914104698

/Söder
post #5773 of 5782
YEah. Mine looks exactly like the 221 posted above. The 239 looks like it might be more related to AV gear? It also lists in that link all the TV models are B models. Does the European version of these sets come with that style of remote maybe? Mine is a US model.
post #5774 of 5782
I have used a 2012 Panasonic plasma remote on a 2005 Panasonic plasma, it worked fine. It seems Panasonic remotes are very interchangeable.
post #5775 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669 View Post

I have used a 2012 Panasonic plasma remote on a 2005 Panasonic plasma, it worked fine. It seems Panasonic remotes are very interchangeable.
Yep that is my experience as well, the codes are all the same so an older Panasonic remote is compatible with a newer model.
The newer remote models tend to just add extra buttons for the new features of the new TV model relative to the older TV model.
post #5776 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriscoCountyJr View Post

Yep that is my experience as well, the codes are all the same so an older Panasonic remote is compatible with a newer model.
The newer remote models tend to just add extra buttons for the new features of the new TV model relative to the older TV model.

Yep codes are the same - my Panny BD player's remote has TV power and volume on it and it works on the plasma.
post #5777 of 5782
Just wanted to say that I received the 221 a couple days ago and as expected it works like a charm. And for the price and being brand new? What's not to like. smile.gif
post #5778 of 5782
So something came up on my TV today that I thought was VERY peculiar but interesting! Sadly I didn't have time to get a picture and I cannot replicate it.

Sitting here watching some youtube videos off my HTPC coming in the AVR via HDMI. AVR has no 'smart' functionality. HTPC doesn't have this feature set up that I am aware of. TV is connected to my cable line pulling in a full ClearQAM basic lineup from WOW cable. I get a scrolling bar across the top left corner of the screen in the telltale white on blue color scheme of the px80 with a 'monthly required test' alert. No audio, just text. And it was from a local station with the callsign appended at the end of the message.

I found it odd mainly because the TV is on an HDMI input and the message has to be coming off the tuner. Anyone seen this before?
post #5779 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchat20 View Post

So something came up on my TV today that I thought was VERY peculiar but interesting! Sadly I didn't have time to get a picture and I cannot replicate it.

Sitting here watching some youtube videos off my HTPC coming in the AVR via HDMI. AVR has no 'smart' functionality. HTPC doesn't have this feature set up that I am aware of. TV is connected to my cable line pulling in a full ClearQAM basic lineup from WOW cable. I get a scrolling bar across the top left corner of the screen in the telltale white on blue color scheme of the px80 with a 'monthly required test' alert. No audio, just text. And it was from a local station with the callsign appended at the end of the message.

I found it odd mainly because the TV is on an HDMI input and the message has to be coming off the tuner. Anyone seen this before?

Actually this has come up before but it's been a few years. I believe that if the TV's internal tuner is connected to cable or antenna, the TV will still display weather alerts and monthly test even if you're watching external sources via HDMI or Component etc. Probably to make sure you get alerted to that tornado coming your way regardless of what kind of source you happen to be watching through. It's happened to me a few times on my G10 a few years back, once when we were watching a DVD.
post #5780 of 5782
Ahh. I tried searching but didn't see anyone mention it. smile.gif It may even do audio as well but given I am running through the AVR, the signal's not getting across. If I knew when it'd come up I'd try with it switched to the TV speakers and see.

I actually like the feature honestly and think it is great how Panasonic set it up to work on other inputs like that. Genius. Sadly here it seems they don't use it as often as they should be. For example they have modes for Severe Thunderstorm Watches and Warnings but I have yet to see EAS used much for those. Especially around here, severe storms tend to do quite a bit of damage for some reason.

I did some digging on the new digital form of EAS and they've made it pretty intelligent it seems. Or at least designed it to. It can trigger a tuner to switch to a different channel in the case of needing extended info that cannot be conveyed in a short message such as a text crawl.
post #5781 of 5782
By 'luck' if you want to call it that we have a thunderstorm rolling through and got the crawl again. Didn't get a chance to flip over to tv audio and test that. D:

Got a couple photos of what I am talking about though. Apologies for the blur and grain.




Again, youtube via HTPC via HDMI through AVR.
post #5782 of 5782
Going back to the remote controls here, I am curious if anyone can help me out.

I currently have a Raspberry Pi in the mail I'm going to throw up as an XBMC box (replacing an ancient full sized noisy P4 tower). It has CEC control so my thought is to reduce attached hardware as much as possible and use the TV's remote to control it.

Now I have a US set with the US remote obviously, limited on controls especially playback controls which the European remote has. Question is this: a) Has anyone tried the E remotes on U TV's? b) Do the extra controls work (obviously not on the TV itself but over CEC to another device) and c) Any good sources for E remotes stateside? All searches I have done with the particular model number mostly comes up with UK based sources.

Worst case I can utilize my AVR's remote which can also do CEC but keeps the remote list to two (TV remote at the very least to turn the system on and off and change from the internal tuner to HDMI and thr AVR remote for playback controls, having playback controls on the TV remote could trim that down to a single remote.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic PX80 Owners Thread