or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Will a pc headset work with xbox 360?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will a pc headset work with xbox 360?

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
looking at plantronics pc headset with two separate miniplugs(1 for speaker, 1 for mic), will I be able to hear game audio, chatter and talk at the same time? I have a datel headphone adapter and a 3.5mm to 2.5 mm adapter also. Any help is appreciated.
post #2 of 22
you'll have to connect the green audio to your stereo output or an adapter from the red/white output from the ms cables and then connect the pink cable to the 2.5mm adapter and into the controller, you may also have to enable chat through "speakers" or "both"
post #3 of 22
anyone know if the Microsoft® LifeChat ZX-6000 Wireless Headset will work on the 360?
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbones View Post

anyone know if the Microsoft® LifeChat ZX-6000 Wireless Headset will work on the 360?

How to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller to a LifeChat ZX-6000 receiver
post #5 of 22

in other words, it seems that the lifechat and the 360 headset are the same, only the lifechat includes the wireless gaming receiver to work with pc, and the 360 headset doesnt, because it doesnt need it for the xbox.
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

in other words, it seems that the lifechat and the 360 headset are the same, only the lifechat includes the wireless gaming receiver to work with pc, and the 360 headset doesnt, because it doesnt need it for the xbox.

Oh no now you ruined the secret. Sigh...
post #7 of 22
I'm wondering the same thing SJI10, is wondering about. Can I buy any PC headset (headphones with a mic) and use it with my 360?

Or are them some that work and some that don't?

Thanks.
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx270 View Post

I'm wondering the same thing SJI10, is wondering about. Can I buy any PC headset (headphones with a mic) and use it with my 360?

Or are them some that work and some that don't?

Thanks.

refer to my first post, post #2 in the thread.
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbones View Post

anyone know if the Microsoft® LifeChat ZX-6000 Wireless Headset will work on the 360?


Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

in other words, it seems that the lifechat and the 360 headset are the same, only the lifechat includes the wireless gaming receiver to work with pc, and the 360 headset doesnt, because it doesnt need it for the xbox.

From what I have seen this is incorrect. While the USB PC adapter for the lifechat will let you use other xbox 360 wireless devices with a PC, the lifechat doesn't work with the xbox. Has anyone tried this yet though?
post #10 of 22
Yes, there's a good way. I use the newly released Steel Series Xbox 360 Headset Connector. It basically plugs into your controller where your Xbox headset usually does. It then has a wire that plugs into your stereo headphone out on your receiver, and a couple of jacks (red and green, pc input style) on the back for you to plug in a) your headphones, and b) your external mic.

I've used it with a regular pc external lapel mic and my Sennheiser HD-280 Pros. You then have to set your personal settings in the dashboard to play voice chat back through your stereo speakers. Works like a dream!

The device costs $15.00 (plus shipping from Denmark).

Steel Series shop

On the navigation header, click the "Shop" link, and then the "Accessories" Link. You'll find it near the bottom of the list. Comes in black or white.

Minuses: you have to sit close enough to your stereo receiver for the cords to connect. You can use a headphone cable extender, though. Also, there's no volume control on your mic. So, it's good to have a lapel mic you can move up or down on your shirt until it sounds normal to your buddies.

I can't recommend it highly enough.
post #11 of 22
i use a wired headset made by AT&T for use with cell phones. it cost $9 at Walmart. it looks exactly like the black MS wired headset that comes with the elite. has an in-line off/on/mute button. haven't had any problems so far. something to consider for anyone thinking about spending $20 on a replacement M$ headset.
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutter View Post

something to consider for anyone thinking about spending $20 on a replacement M$ headset.

just to let you know, you can easily find a new MS OEM replacement headset on ebay for about $5 shipped, there's an auction that ends in 12 minutes that has 10 left for $5 and free shipping...
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

just to let you know, you can easily find a new MS OEM replacement headset on ebay for about $5 shipped, there's an auction that ends in 12 minutes that has 10 left for $5 and free shipping...

maybe now ....but not when i was looking. used ones were going for around $8 plus shipping ,and new $15 buy it now, free shipping.
anyway when my headset broke i didn't want to wait days to get a replacement. a $9 same day replacement was much more to my liking.

of course planning ahead for a future replacement i would definitely jump on a $5 ebay one.
post #14 of 22
hi I was just going to purchase the xbox 360 steelseries headset connecter from the link you posted, however the total price was €30 which was not worth it due to the €20 shipping fees to the UK. My question is do you know a UK site that I can purchase them off, or anough site that could be cheeper.
many thanks
matt
post #15 of 22
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I have looked all over the place and this is the exact same as my problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

you'll have to connect the green audio to your stereo output or an adapter from the red/white output from the ms cables and then connect the pink cable to the 2.5mm adapter and into the controller, you may also have to enable chat through "speakers" or "both"

I have this setup at home, Speed-link gaming headset, Datel xbox 360 headset adapter, 2.5mm adapter. The green audio jack is plugged in to the the stereo adapter on the TV (and can get in-game sounds no bother) the pink jack is plugged into the 2.5mm adapter, which in turn is plugged into the Datel adapter, then into the 360 controller. The 360 recognises that the Datel adapter is attached (the little in game symbol) but when trying to use the chat function no-one can hear me and I can't hear anyone until I unplug the Datel adapter. I have tried 2 different 2.5mm adapters (as the first was an ebay cheapie, the second is bought from a proper audio/visual shop)

Any ideas as to what the problem could be? Any help would be appreciated as I'm beginning to tear my hair out in frustration

And again, apologies for digging up an old thread
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbones View Post

anyone know if the Microsoft® LifeChat ZX-6000 Wireless Headset will work on the 360?

do not buy it! i did once and it did not work don't buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was pissed
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by force3860 View Post

do not buy it! i did once and it did not work don't buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was pissed


cool man, if he didnt buy it a year and 5 days ago, he definitely wont buy it now.
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

refer to my first post, post #2 in the thread.

since I am new to the forum and have no clue which thread 2 is that does not help me
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldisar View Post

since I am new to the forum and have no clue which thread 2 is that does not help me

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post13286197


you're better off visiting the headphone threads here in the xbox section.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1285726
post #20 of 22
i have a question
i don't want the Xbox sounds to go into the headset i only want it for chat like the regular ones
so should i only plug the red one in it or is it necessary to use both red and green plugs (using the 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm adapter of course) also i am using HDMI

another question

what if i have a head set with a built in microphone ?

it would be most helpful if you respond on short notice since i am going to need it tomorrow

Thank You
AbsoluteValue21
post #21 of 22
if you only want to use it for chat, you just connect it to the 360 controller.
post #22 of 22
which plugs should i connect ?? red or green to the jack only for chat no game audio

also will i be still able to hear my friends over the headset by only connecting it to the controller ???
Edited by AbsoluteValue21 - 9/10/13 at 1:56am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Will a pc headset work with xbox 360?