or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung LNxxA650 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung LNxxA650 Owner's Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by megapopular View Post

What post are you referring to where Manaburn trashed the 650?

Post number 178. This is what he said:

Ok i have run tests on the new 650 for on hour and i will be running no more. This has pissed me the hell off just too much. TBE is still present on low amp settings and up. Whats worse is there is no game mode to at least get it to go away with amp on low. Haloing is still present, and gets noticible the more you increase amp. This set is a technical mess. The image is grainy compared to the 71. The amp is toned down but still dosn't work lol. There is no way in hell i am keeping this TV I did not pay another $700 over my 71 to stay the same or take a step backwards in some instances. Screw this im going back to BB soon. I will field any questions if you have any. Manaburn gives this set two thumbs down. If you have a 71 just stick with it there is nothing to be gained with this buying this TV. I was hoping to analize this set in great detail but it just isnt worth my time. And the procesor debate should just be over it could have 10 AMD/xilleon VPs working side by side and it still wouldnt matter because the VP sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #62 of 23504
Ok, thanks, capa... I like the set... never owned the 71 series, though.
post #63 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa2000 View Post

Wow...Manaburn just trashed this set i the other thread..hmmm...hope what he is saying is not true, but I guess there is no reason to doubt him. Ugh...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...971103&page=57

C

He needs to justify to himself that the 750 is going to be better TV, with the AMD processor. If he knew for sure that there was going to be Xillon processor in the 650 he's words would have been different.

Wait and see what others have to say, before you listen to one person.
post #64 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal83 View Post

I hear ya, but i dont think the 750 is coming out for a little while. And if all it has is a couple useless features it may not be worth it. I am seriously thinking about just returning my 71 tomorrow and ordering the 650. Only thing that would suck is it not being any better than the 71. But i have a feeling it will be. Its kind of do or die right now, i cant wait till they actually get the 650 in stores to go look at it because my 30 days is up on monday. Tough, tough decision.

Take your 71 back and try the 650, if you don't like it then buy another 71 which is steadily dropping in price anyways. I would expect the 650 to be on par or better than the 71.
post #65 of 23504
Does anyone have the BB SKU for the LN40A650? The guys at my local BB had no luck finding it for me.
post #66 of 23504
posted the BB skus a few threads back here they are again:

LN40A550 SKU:8749465 $1699
LN40A650 SKU:8749456 $2299

those BB guys must not be very bright
post #67 of 23504
Manaburn also said he wasnt getting the TV two days ago and canceled his order in that thread. I didnt realize he was still getting it. I wish he gave more details. Dx and megapopular gave it good reviews.
post #68 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by am4966 View Post

He needs to justify to himself that the 750 is going to be better TV, with the AMD processor. If he knew for sure that there was going to be Xillon processor in the 650 he's words would have been different.

Wait and see what others have to say, before you listen to one person.

LOL it has nothing to do with processor not being xilleon, the xilleon name could be on this baby and it would still not be acceptable to me. why would i even take a TV home if i wasnt willing to keep it. Niether TV has AMD/xilleon that dosnt really matter anymore. What matters is results and i got bad ones. Im not sure why you are so quik to discredit what i say for others who havent put this set to the test like i did.
post #69 of 23504
hey manaburn because these people do not want to hear a bad review, what they want to hear is that this tv is flawless... All tvs have some flaws unless ur the pioneer kuros... this is the only perfect tv.. Ohh and I heard the new panny plasma comes close...
post #70 of 23504
FWIW:

Neither one of those SKUs work for me on the BB site as I see it.
post #71 of 23504
Wise words imo Eddy13. Buyers remorse is a powerful thing.
post #72 of 23504
Well this is AVS and you can't expect everyone to be happy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you listen or look long enough at ANY tv thread you will think a tv is crap. Bottom line look with YOUR eyes not with their's. No offenses Mana.
post #73 of 23504
those skus are not going to work on the best buy site as they are not updated on the .com site it only works in store. employees can use that sku to check inventory at their DDC and order it if needed.
post #74 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroth5 View Post

Well this is AVS and you can't expect everyone to be happy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you listen or look long enough at ANY tv thread you will think a tv is crap. Bottom line look with YOUR eyes not with their's. No offenses Mana.

Now THOSE are wise words!
post #75 of 23504
Sroth5: I agree none of us can tell others how to think or to interpret for the other. We need to see this with our own eyes. The nice thing about all of this is that every one of us has a 30 day window. If it doesn’t satisfy then return.
post #76 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroth5 View Post

Well this is AVS and you can't expect everyone to be happy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you listen or look long enough at ANY tv thread you will think a tv is crap. Bottom line look with YOUR eyes not with their's. No offenses Mana.

So true. I signed up here a while back to get a better idea what TV I should upgrade to, and months of read has left me more uncertain than ever. Every TV is either flawless or horrendously awful, depending on which posts you choose to read.
post #77 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrolokus View Post

So true. I signed up here a while back to get a better idea what TV I should upgrade to, and months of read has left me more uncertain than ever. Every TV is either flawless or horrendously awful, depending on which posts you choose to read.

Actually, if you read them carefully, all tvs are awful. There are always something wrong with them.
post #78 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroth5 View Post

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Exactly. And an uninformed subjective eye won't reflect reality.
post #79 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroth5 View Post

Well this is AVS and you can't expect everyone to be happy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you listen or look long enough at ANY tv thread you will think a tv is crap. Bottom line look with YOUR eyes not with their's. No offenses Mana.

Dude, this has nothing to do with "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder". This is about the 71 series vs the 650 series. If you knew what the basis of manburn's review was about maybe you would understand. Let me spell it out. The 71 series was plagued with TBE/vapor issues manifesting itself with motion blur. The review was based on whether Samsung upgraded the VP to aleviate those issues or whether they decided to tone down AMP this time around until a more sophisticated VP is introduced in the fall.
By observing these same issues on the 650 series it has nothing to do with "one man's opinion". Yes, this is AVS, perhaps you need to read the AVS forums before coming into a thread that was based on another thread. No offense.
post #80 of 23504
I didn't know that there is a new owner's thread so I'll post it here as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaburn View Post

Ok i have run tests on the new 650 for on hour and i will be running no more. This has pissed me the hell off just too much. TBE is still present on low amp settings and up. Whats worse is there is no game mode to at least get it to go away with amp on low. Haloing is still present, and gets noticible the more you increase amp. This set is a technical mess. The image is grainy compared to the 71. The amp is toned down but still dosn't work lol. There is no way in hell i am keeping this TV I did not pay another $700 over my 71 to stay the same or take a step backwards in some instances. Screw this im going back to BB soon. I will field any questions if you have any. Manaburn gives this set two thumbs down. If you have a 71 just stick with it there is nothing to be gained with this buying this TV. I was hoping to analize this set in great detail but it just isnt worth my time. And the procesor debate should just be over it could have 10 AMD/xilleon VPs working side by side and it still wouldnt matter because the VP sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manaburn, I'm not jumping on your back but don't be too quick to conclusion without fully testing the tv. One hour is hardly enough to look for existing problems and not enough to look/notice new ones. You mentioned that there is no GAME MODE with this TV where in fact you will find this feature is in the user manual (p.62) and a revamped feature if I may add . In fact this feature set (now called ENTERTAINMENT MODE) should be explored more to see what difference it now makes.

Also, I know that you're new to the forum but you say you also own the 71 series but I haven't seen the glimpse of you at the owner's thread. I'm not saying that you're not, just need to verify someone's credibility before I take worth of any post especially here on AVS.

You also have 30 days to return your set at BB. Why return it so quickly? At least enjoy the TV for a while since you got nothing to lose.

...
post #81 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2007 View Post

Actually, if you read them carefully, all tvs are awful. There are always something wrong with them.

They are like politicians. You must pic the least evil one you can and hope it performs close to advertised.
post #82 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrronnn View Post

They are like politicians. You must pic the least evil one you can and hope it performs close to advertised.

Amen to that brotha McCain '08!!!!!
post #83 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx31698 View Post

Yeah if anyone who has this tv now, Ive been waiting for someone who has some type of calibration disc to run in for this tv. Would love to see some settings, so I can compare them to what I have now

You can download a software and burn to a DVD from www.TVBlink.com for a quick calibration. It's free and it has lots of features to test the quality of your LCD.

...
post #84 of 23504
dx31698 or megapopular, can any of you please take pictures of your set at night with all the lights off & if you can set the exposure of the camera to long?

The black levels of any LCD are great in daytime (Sony V3000 LCD):

but in a pitch black setting they tend to glow & look grey:


Can you take a photo of your TV with the backlight setting to zero & the Energy Savings mode set to High & take a picture of a blank black screen with the camera exposure set to high to test the black levels?
post #85 of 23504
Btw I don't think any one including Manaburn said the 650 is crap. Afaik "two thumbs down" was in reference to the fact that the 650 still has the same issues. I believe he thinks highly of the 69/71/650 as a whole (I do anyway).
post #86 of 23504
Wtfer, I'll do that test this evening... I get out of work at 9.
post #87 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEarDrum View Post

I didn't know that there is a new owner's thread so I'll post it here as well:



Manaburn, I'm not jumping on your back but don't be too quick to conclusion without fully testing the tv. One hour is hardly enough to look for existing problems and not enough to look/notice new ones. You mentioned that there is no GAME MODE with this TV where in fact you will find this feature is in the user manual (p.62) and a revamped feature if I may add . In fact this feature set (now called ENTERTAINMENT MODE) should be explored more to see what difference it now makes.

Also, I know that you're new to the forum but you say you also own the 71 series but I haven't seen the glimpse of you at the owner's thread. I'm not saying that you're not, just need to verify someone's credibility before I take worth of any post especially here on AVS.

You also have 30 days to return your set at BB. Why return it so quickly? At least enjoy the TV for a while since you got nothing to lose.

...

Im gonna hold on to it for abit just because i do have 30 days and dont really see a replacment set anywhere in the new future. If they have said game mode it is sure imposible to find, i will look though. But like has been stated time and time again in the 71 thread we shouldnt have to use a specific mode to remove TBE
post #88 of 23504
Game mode is in the left field towards the bottom after you select "menu"
post #89 of 23504
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEarDrum View Post

I didn't know that there is a new owner's thread so I'll post it here as well:



Manaburn, I'm not jumping on your back but don't be too quick to conclusion without fully testing the tv. One hour is hardly enough to look for existing problems and not enough to look/notice new ones. You mentioned that there is no GAME MODE with this TV where in fact you will find this feature is in the user manual (p.62) and a revamped feature if I may add . In fact this feature set (now called ENTERTAINMENT MODE) should be explored more to see what difference it now makes.

Also, I know that you're new to the forum but you say you also own the 71 series but I haven't seen the glimpse of you at the owner's thread. I'm not saying that you're not, just need to verify someone's credibility before I take worth of any post especially here on AVS.

You also have 30 days to return your set at BB. Why return it so quickly? At least enjoy the TV for a while since you got nothing to lose.

...

GED, i know where you're coming from but he saw the same issues on the 650 series as the 71 series. When we were waiting for a 650 review it wasn't pertaining to the black levels, color, etc, We all know the 71 series is incredible...except for the motion artifacts. My purpose was to find out if Samsung fixed the motion artifacts, apparently they didn't. It may be less noticable because Samsung toned down AMP but it's still there. Many of us were trying to determine whether the 650 series was an improvement over the 71 series as far as motion. TBE/vapors is either seen on the 650 or it isn't. It's been seen by someone who knew what to look for. And game mode is a cop out. It is not supposed to be used as a band aid.
post #90 of 23504
People still should check out the TV in full before making any final judgment.

A few things to consider when checking for problems:
-Film mode may or may not add to the stutter as well as having the set to 1080p as opposed to 720p or 1080i.
-Digital Noise reduction WILL add smearing to motion.
-MPEG noise reduction may cause loss in details.

Also what exact effects the Game/Entertainment Mode does as well for the AMP feature.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung LNxxA650 Owner's Thread