It's correct that the Sansonic provides no controls for deleting channels found in the auto-scan set-up step. But here is an alternative to that.
First you need to understand that each broadcaster is usually assigned one physical channel by the FCC. With this they can then support up to four virtual channels. One example: In my location physical channel 47 is assigned to the main PBS station and they're supporting four virtual channels, 11-1, 11-2, 11-3, and 11-4. With my method of "re-selection" you can choose physical channels, but you have to accept the virtual channels that are part of them. I've found no way to selectively choose among virtual channels.
After using the auto-scan method to store all of the channels that your antenna can pull in, view each physical station (or just one of each virtual channel set) at full screen view (not in menu view). Press the Antenna Level button on the remote (Ant Level) for each of the channels that you wish to view regularly. Note down on paper the channel number that is shown at the top of the antenna level reading window for each of those channels. Put all the channel numbers in numerical order. Now you are ready to make your "re-selections."
1) Unplug or unscrew the antenna connector from the Antenna IN connector on the back of the Sansonic box. The converter box can be on or off when this is done.
2) With the Sansonic box and connected TV both turned on, press the Channel Scan (CH Scan) button on the remote control. The "Easy Install" window will appear on your TV screen.
3) The Auto Scan selection is highlighted by default. If not, use the CH+ or CH- buttons on the remote to highlight that choice. Press the OK button to begin the automatic scan process. Allow this process to be 100% complete. This will erase all of the channels that the box tuned in when you set it up originally. You will be left with a clean slate -- no channels at all. The message left on your screen will read, "No Stations Found."
4) Plug or screw back in the antenna connector to your Sansonic back panel.
5) Press the Antenna Level button on the remote. The antenna level window for physical channel 2 appears on the blank screen.
6) With your list of desired physical channel numbers handy, press the CH+ (or "Up") button on the remote to move through the channels to select each of the channel numbers on your channels list.
7) Stop at each desired physical channel on your list. Then press the Antenna Level button to dismiss that process. Press the OK button to view your channels menu to verify that new virtual channels have been added.
8) Repeat steps 5, 6, & 7 until all of your desired physical channels have been added to the Sansonic. These are now stored for your regular tuning. Those channels that you did not put on your list have effectively been "de-selected." Even if the Sansonic is turned off, unplugged, or if you should suffer a power outtage, these channel selections will not be lost. The only way to wipe out these choices now, would be to perform another complete Auto Scan process.
Since many users may never come upon this forum, I've passed on the above instructions to Mr. Michael Young, Sansonic's Service Manager in Consumer Sales and Support at their El Monte, California offices. You can share with him your feelings about the FT-300A at email@example.com