Originally Posted by jasonvr
I'll give the same advice I gave last July - have you reproduced using a known bad Bluray? I don't know if the disks you list have it (but I would bet that Tron does not).
Also, since bitstreaming from one BD player causes issues but bitstreaming from another doesn't it really doesn't sound like this issue. It should affect you universally regardless of where the bitstream is coming from.
The BD titles I own and have viewed multiple times with no issues are:
-Close Encounters of the Third Kind
-Master and Commander (not the import)
-Flight of the Phoenix
I'm just at a loss right now. Oppo seems to think it's the AVR, yet it only pops under certain conditions it seems. I'm working with their support on this. There are so many components that it's slow going trying to determine where the cause is. I've also replaced all my cables with new high-speed category 2 from FireFold just to be sure it wasn't the cables.
Here's the low down on the Stand By Me BD:
- Consistently (~8 of 10 tries) will pop from the Oppo at ~32:23. But it only does this, in bitstreaming, if I play to that point uninterrupted, i.e., no pausing, fast forwarding, rewinding or via time stamp. Jumping to beginning of chapter and playing to pop point pretty much does it every time. This is the 2nd BD which is the replacement amazon.com sent as I initially thought it may have been the BD.
- Also pops in other parts of the movie but not consistently, more like 1 or 2 out of 10 tries.
- Does not pop through the LG BD390 when bitstreaming at all.
- Using PowerDVD 10 Ultra and TMT 3 Platinum causes the same pops via my ASUS NJ71q laptop (ATI HD5730 Mobility)
- Using PowerDVD 10 Ultra and TMT 3 Platinum via my HTPC (ATI HD5670) also pops
As for TRON Legacy, it was the 4th viewing and this is the first time it did this so there's something going on as this did not happen on the previous viewings. Every title that has exhibited this in the past few weeks has been a title with DTS-HD MA audio and non-repeatable. The only consistent/repeatable pop is on Stand By Me at 32:23. If someone else has this BD and can try this that would be much appreciated. Please note, per above, that you'll need to jumpt to chapter 6 and play to 32:23 uninterrupted. If it doesn't happen the first time, jump back and play again. You may have to do this a few times. Thank you.
Do you think we need a separate thread for this issue? I don't want to hijack this one.