or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › High Fidelity 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High Fidelity 2

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Anyone ever see "High Fidelity" some years ago with John Cusack as an LP lover and record store owner? Pretty good movie.

Now I understand that there's a movie coming out, written by a Clifford Irving,
about a high end home theater afectionado from Florida with a Cinemascope screen, THX theater, etc. and the travails of his love life.

"High Fidelity 2" is the early name, but probably will be changed. Don't know if John Cusack will be in this one.

Just saw the movie clip on You Tube.
post #2 of 22
If the projector ain't a CRT, I'm not interested..
post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

If the projector ain't a CRT, I'm not interested..

Actually, I understand that the main protagonist is a CRT luver and upgrader for years until he finally switches over to the digital side more recently.

Its a low budget independent film which will start out, and probably never get past, art houses.

The writer, Clifford Irving, was very well known at one time. He had a best seller some years ago.

I heard that Richard Gere is gonna play the main protagonist later in life.

If its as good as the first High Fidelity, then I wanna see it.
post #4 of 22
Yes, Clifford Irving was very infamous, he wrote that Howard Hughes biography...
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

Yes, Clifford Irving was very infamous, he wrote that Howard Hughes biography...

A best seller, wasn't it? And his writing of the biography was made into a movie itself.
post #6 of 22
wow, awesome April fools joke...
post #7 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrikos View Post

wow, awesome April fools joke...

Which Curt initially fell for!!! HA!
post #8 of 22
No, not really, I just wanted to amuse you..

Besides, if it ain't posted on April 1 before noon, it's not considered to be an April Fool's joke.

HA right back atcha!
post #9 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme View Post

No, not really, I just wanted to amuse you..

Besides, if it ain't posted on April 1 before noon, it's not considered to be an April Fool's joke.

HA right back atcha!

Since you are the expert re Aprll Fool's, does that make you an official APRIL FOOL??
post #10 of 22
"I am a half century and a half on Saturday!"

Would that be 50.5, 55, or 75??
post #11 of 22
Sure, I'll take that title. Seems that others here have shortened your title already for me and have taken off the 'April'.
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

"I am a half century and a half on Saturday!"

Would that be 50.5, 55, or 75??


Good question. Mark Burnstein knows!!!
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

"High Fidelity 2" is the early name, but probably will be changed.

The final title will be 'Big Pussy', if it is a true independent film, that is.
post #14 of 22
Lay off Steve.will ya. He has enough problems with Suns [ossibly becoming a joke in April.

Curt. In the past, Steve has started April fools threads months in advance. remember the chain of CRT projectpr stpres amd the one where he had to sell his house. Yada. Yada. Yada.
post #15 of 22
...funny guys...very funny...ha hah...
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Lay off Steve.will ya. He has enough problems with Suns [ossibly becoming a joke in April.

Curt. In the past, Steve has started April fools threads months in advance. remember the chain of CRT projectpr stpres amd the one where he had to sell his house. Yada. Yada. Yada.


Most prominent years ago was the multiple Aerial subs that blew out my window and caused some foundation damage. Everyone bought that one.

I think my last one two years ago was the universal blu ray, HD DVD,
SACD, DVD-A, DVD that had folks signing up to beta test.
post #17 of 22
Knowing that Steve does this every year I was wondering if he was referring to the life and travails of Cineramax in Florida.
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Actually, its the fictionalized account based on a well known high end audio and now home theater buff, now retired, who hangs out at AVS. Guest starring the Bay Area Audio Society.


HA!
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

Actually, its the fictionalized account based on a well known high end audio and now home theater buff, now retired, who hangs out at AVS. Guest starring the Bay Area Audio Society.


HA!


Having just gotten back from Costa Rica, I am now looking to start a chapter there as in all honesty it is a place that I could live several months out of the year. Temp was 90-98 every day with not a cloud in the sky. Reasonably priced and perhaps 1/2 as much as Hawaii in the long run. The country was rolling in tourists most being American and many looking for places to live. The country hasn't yet discovered the value of ocean front and/or ocean view property. Our dollar goes a very long way there
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneobgyn View Post

Having just gotten back from Costa Rica, I am now looking to start a chapter there as in all honesty it is a place that I could live several months out of the year. Temp was 90-98 every day with not a cloud in the sky. Reasonably priced and perhaps 1/2 as much as Hawaii in the long run. The country was rolling in tourists most being American and many looking for places to live. The country hasn't yet discovered the value of ocean front and/or ocean view property. Our dollar goes a very long way there


Arizona, with an ocean, and much cheaper prices!!!@@@
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

Arizona, with an ocean, and much cheaper prices!!!@@@


Your great state is landlocked Steve
post #22 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneobgyn View Post

Your great state is landlocked Steve

Really????

Like I said. You just came from "Arizona, with an ocean, and much better prices" (than Arizona!).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › High Fidelity 2