or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Psych on USA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Psych on USA - Page 3

post #61 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWinstonWolf View Post

I'm loving some of the guest stars...

really looking forward to ray wise in this upcoming episode...and of course the writers at psych would play with your head and have Ray Wise playing a priest concerned about the presence of the devil, when he's played the devil numerous times...gotta love that.


.....and especially having him do an exorcism to cast the devil out....too funny
post #62 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juncti View Post

That's pretty much the whole show, take that away and it's just another detective show.

Fully agreed. That's exactly what the show is: the antics and the silly moments - and all the pop culture references, of course. If you want it played straight, that's what The Mentalist is for. If you wanted played strange, that's what Medium is for.

That's why all those shows can coexist.
post #63 of 236
I like Psych and The Mentalist. In fact, I find the little comments on Psych about The Mentalist a real hoot. What I like to see on The Mentalist is a scene where someone is watching an episode of Psych. Now, that would be funny.
post #64 of 236
Psych was the original, and mentalist is an cheap clone.

I don't mind people liking mentalist, but I tried to watch 15 eps. of it, and just don't like Patrick Jane period.
post #65 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

Psych was the original, and mentalist is an cheap clone.

I don't mind people liking mentalist, but I tried to watch 15 eps. of it, and just don't like Patrick Jane period.



Oh please Psych is hardly original and The Mentalist's not a cheap clone.
I enjoy both shows but saying Psych is original is not an apt description at all .
post #66 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by taffyrose View Post

Oh please Psych is hardly original and The Mentalist's not a cheap clone.
I enjoy both shows but saying Psych is original is not an apt description at all .

Psych started all this fake psychic stuff WAY before the mentalist decided to copy and vary it a little bit.

I loved how they spoofed the Mentalist multiple times on Psych on the website, and in the 2nd episode of this season!
post #67 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

Psych started all this fake psychic stuff WAY before the mentalist decided to copy and vary it a little bit.

I loved how they spoofed the Mentalist multiple times on Psych on the website, and in the 2nd episode of this season!

Psych came about because of Monk, so you could say it was a copy of Monk. Either way, the comparisons to the Mentalist on the show is only a gag. The two shows are nothing alike and neither tries to be like the other.
post #68 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrainwater View Post

Psych came about because of Monk, so you could say it was a copy of Monk. Either way, the comparisons to the Mentalist on the show is only a gag. The two shows are nothing alike and neither tries to be like the other.

Wasn't there a story and preceded even Monk? Something about a consulting detective who had extraordinary powers of observation. I think his name was Sherlock something or other.
post #69 of 236
One of the unfortunate parts of HD is being able to tell when they use prop knives like in tonight's episode. It was so obvious.
post #70 of 236
Has anyone heard anything about their workflow this season? PQ seems vastly improved and less grainy.
post #71 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Noise View Post

One of the unfortunate parts of HD is being able to tell when they use prop knives like in tonight's episode. It was so obvious.

Noticed that too. You'd think they could still use a metal 'knife' and just grind the edge down so it wasn't sharp at all. I guess they're just being really careful just in case. You'd still think they would have been able to come up with something better then gray plastic though.

Solid episode, but I wish they'd get back to some of the more outlandish reveals at the end. The fun part of the show for me was how over the top Shawn was with the psychic stuff.
post #72 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMSU View Post

Solid episode, but I wish they'd get back to some of the more outlandish reveals at the end. The fun part of the show for me was how over the top Shawn was with the psychic stuff.

I think this episode was trying to progress the Shawn/Juliet/girlfriend storyline. Gus was pretty much left out of the episode and it definitely loses its magic when Shawn and Gus aren't in many of the same scenes.
post #73 of 236
Did anyone find the pineapple this week? We went through the whole episode twice, in HD, and could not find it. The closest candidates we have are (1) when Lassiter is eating a fruit cup, there might be pineapple in it, (2) one of the lamps in Grandma's house is vaguely reminiscent of a pineapple, and (3) the wallpaper pattern (gold on red) is vaguely pineapplesque. But that last one's not really a word.
post #74 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMSU View Post

The fun part of the show for me was how over the top Shawn was with the psychic stuff.

Really? That's the one thing I (and a lot of other people) always hated. It was like a poor Jim Carrey impersonation. And if there's one reason why some people don't like Jim Carrey it's when he acts like Shawn doing an impersonation of Jim Carrey.

Despite the plot being as predictable and obvious as ever, I thought this was one of the funniest episodes of the season. Especially the opening titles.
post #75 of 236
good news...new episodes starting wednesday jan. 27...bout time we get the gang back..
post #76 of 236
Anyone catch the latest commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ipGZ4H3Qg

It's just so wrong and so right at the same time.
post #77 of 236
Anyone know when the Christmas special will show up? I thought they did one every year...?

And to anyone between the ages of 25-40 who does not watch this show, shame on you. It is so damn funny and the 80s/90s references are just aces.
post #78 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post

Anyone know when the Christmas special will show up? I thought they did one every year...?

And to anyone between the ages of 25-40 who does not watch this show, shame on you. It is so damn funny and the 80s/90s references are just aces.

Sadly, no Christmas special this year. Looks like having Monk end its season put the kibosh on a Christmas special this year.
post #79 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juncti View Post

Anyone catch the latest commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ipGZ4H3Qg

It's just so wrong and so right at the same time.

Thanks for that, it was great!
post #80 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post

Anyone know when the Christmas special will show up? I thought they did one every year...?

And to anyone between the ages of 25-40 who does not watch this show, shame on you. It is so damn funny and the 80s/90s references are just aces.

Hey there! What's with the age range? I say shame on you if you miss some of the best dialog exchanges out there.
post #81 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Hey there! What's with the age range? I say shame on you if you miss some of the best dialog exchanges out there.

Agreed. I was just using the age range because so many of the jokes are based on great 80s/early 90s references some of our...ah hem...younger brethren may not get it. But yes, the dialogue is great hands down.

Anyone read any of the PSYCH novels? I think some of the show writers have written them. I wonder if they are any good.

Also, notice how much more input Roday has had this past season? He's written and produced some of the best episodes in a long time.
post #82 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juncti View Post

Anyone catch the latest commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ipGZ4H3Qg

It's just so wrong and so right at the same time.

...and that is why I love the show. It's awesome when a show can poke fun at itself...
post #83 of 236
This is one of the best shows on HDTV! I can't wait for it's return!
post #84 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

...and that is why I love the show. It's awesome when a show can poke fun at itself...

the official clip for the private eyes promo
post #85 of 236
I cannot wait! This is by far my favorite TV show. My wife and I enjoy it immensely. Last season had some really, really good episodes so I'm excited to see where they go from here.
post #86 of 236
anyone else see this? Could be very very funny
post #87 of 236
sorry for the bump, but psych starts back up tonight @10pm
post #88 of 236
This is a good show, but its soooooo rediculious at times.
post #89 of 236
haha, thats the appeal....its ludicrous...like a singing group featuring, jaleel white, kenan thompson and dule hill...nonsensical but very funny...thought last nights episode fit the bill for that.
post #90 of 236
Agreed... part of the appeal IS the absurdity... and all those obscure 1980s movie references!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Psych on USA